Sourdough Bread Baking For Beginners.
- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 8 articles
- 7 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Learn traditional sourdough bread making techniques from Thomas Charles Mathiassen, the founder of organic Nordic bakery, Charles Good Food.
- Through detailed video you'll learn the step-by step sourdough bread making process from creating the sourdough starter to baking the finished loaf.
- Learn how to mix sourdough by hand using basic equipment, and gain the skills to know when the sourdough is ready to fold, ferment and bake.
- Bake a variety of different artisan sourdough breads.
- Learn that real sourdough bread is more easily digested by those with gluten intolerance and diabetes.
- Learn how to fold the sourdough instead of kneading.
- Learn creative ways to put your sourdough starter on hold.
- Get the skills and resources, to take on this amazing hobby that is truly fun and therapeutic.
- Bring your passion for learning !
- The ingredients and equipment used in this course is very basic, so just jump in.
The aim of this course is simply to get you hooked on sourdough bread baking, i'm not going to delve into the chemistry of sourdough bread baking, analyse the properties of different flours, list masses of baking equipment or baffle you with complex techniques.
I look at it this way: do you need to know how a carburettor works to learn how to drive a car? No. Well nor do you need to immerse yourself in science to bake a wealth of wonderful sourdough breads.
All the Sourdough breads in this course are ones that i bake at home for my family and friends in my standard domestic oven, with my 3 kids distracting me as much as they can. I teach them to the people who comes to my sourdough bread classes in my bakery and i love the moment when the baking is finished and we all sit down with the breads we have made, some good cheese and a glass of wine or beer, and relax and enjoy the sense of achievement.
- Sourdough Bread Baking For Beginners, is suitable for beginners and novice bakers, or for anyone looking to level up their sourdough bread baking skills.
- Sourdough Bread Baking For Beginners, is for someone who is comfortable in a kitchen, but needs help with learning how to bake sourdough bread.
- This is an excellent course to give as a gift to a budding baker in your life.
- This course is great, for the seasoned home baker who wants to take baking to the next level and get into sourdough bread making.