Sourdough Bread Baking For Beginners.
What you'll learn
- Learn traditional sourdough bread making techniques from Thomas Charles Mathiassen, the founder of organic Nordic bakery, Charles Good Food.
- Through detailed video you'll learn the step-by step sourdough bread making process from creating the sourdough starter to baking the finished loaf.
- Learn how to mix sourdough by hand using basic equipment, and gain the skills to know when the sourdough is ready to fold, ferment and bake.
- Bake a variety of different artisan sourdough breads.
- Learn that real sourdough bread is more easily digested by those with gluten intolerance and diabetes.
- Learn how to fold the sourdough instead of kneading.
- Learn creative ways to put your sourdough starter on hold.
- Get the skills and resources, to take on this amazing hobby that is truly fun and therapeutic.
- Bring your passion for learning !
- The ingredients and equipment used in this course is very basic, so just jump in.
The aim of this course is simply to get you hooked on sourdough bread baking, i'm not going to delve into the chemistry of sourdough bread baking, analyse the properties of different flours, list masses of baking equipment or baffle you with complex techniques.
I look at it this way: do you need to know how a carburettor works to learn how to drive a car? No. Well nor do you need to immerse yourself in science to bake a wealth of wonderful sourdough breads.
All the Sourdough breads in this course are ones that i bake at home for my family and friends in my standard domestic oven, with my 3 kids distracting me as much as they can. I teach them to the people who comes to my sourdough bread classes in my bakery and i love the moment when the baking is finished and we all sit down with the breads we have made, some good cheese and a glass of wine or beer, and relax and enjoy the sense of achievement.
Who this course is for:
- Sourdough Bread Baking For Beginners, is suitable for beginners and novice bakers, or for anyone looking to level up their sourdough bread baking skills.
- Sourdough Bread Baking For Beginners, is for someone who is comfortable in a kitchen, but needs help with learning how to bake sourdough bread.
- This is an excellent course to give as a gift to a budding baker in your life.
- This course is great, for the seasoned home baker who wants to take baking to the next level and get into sourdough bread making.
I have always been crazy about bread since i was a kid, my earliest bread memory was when my mother would send me to the local bakery Langhoff's bakery in Silkeborg, Denmark to pick up a freshly baked bloomer, wrapped in a piece of paper.
My mother would cut some thick slices, of the bloomer a generous layer of butter and fresh strawberry jam, i was the happiest kid in the world, to me it was magic.
When i was around 11-12 years old, i would deliver newspapers on bike in the morning before i went to school, and at the end of my route i would knock on the backdoor to the local bakery, and have a chat with the baker, exchange a fresh newspaper with a fresh Danish pastry and one day he asked me if i wanted to come and work in the bakery, to help out a bit with the cleaning of the bakery.
I was so excited, that i would come in before school to help out, and again after school i was just sold and i knew that i wanted to be a baker for the rest of my life.
Now 30+ years later i still find the joy of baking, of course the long hours and early mornings are getting tougher and tougher, but the passion is the same.
The aim of my courses is simply to get you hooked on making bread, i am not going to dive deep into the chemistry of bread making, analyse the properties of different flours, list a lot of fancy equipment or confuse you with complex techniques.
Bread making doesn't need to be daunting or mysterious and you don't have to be a born baker, baking is for everyone and what can be done with some flour, yeast, water and a bit of salt, is amazing.