#8 Advanced Sourdough Bread Baking Experiments
What you'll learn
- Find out how to make the elusive Cristal Bread, super high hydration with large open holey crumb!
- Learn different methods for fun dough treatment - boil bread!
- Combine heritage grains with bread flour for a tasty loaf.
- See how to do a double hydration - and how NOT to! Yes, a failed experiment!
- Learn to work with multiple starters in one dough.
- Find out how to use low inoculation rates to slow down fermentation.
- Dive in and have fun experimenting with sourdough baking.
- Advanced bakers should already have the baking equipment needed in this course.
- A baking scale is essential.
- An open mind and willingness to fail... and have a lot of fun is an absolute!
- This course uses a sourdough starter, methods to make your own starter are included in the course material.
- You should have taken some of the earlier courses in this series, this course does not cover any basics.
Course Updated January 2022
Hello fellow baker!
Sourdough Bread Baking Experiments is a fun course for advanced bakers. In this course we will be playing around and experimenting with a very high hydration dough called Cristal Bread. It's all the rage right now!
We will also boil bread, try out low inoculation rates, bake a motherdough only loaf, use double hydration and mix different flour together as we explore some heritage grains.
There are nine formulas altogether, which include techniques for high hydration, double hydration, low inoculation, heritage grains, boiled bread, motherdough only loaf and more!
Also included is an experiment with extreme double hydration.
This main purpose of this course is to have fun and open your mind to exploring and experimenting with sourdough baking.
Please be advised that this is an advanced class and it will not cover sourdough basics. Intermediate students will benefit from this course if they've taken some of the earlier sourdough baking courses.
See some of the reviews from my other popular sourdough baking courses:
This course for me was a success!! Bravo!
Another great course, Teresa! My family is enjoying your cornbread frequently and your cinnamon rolls are fabulous! Thank you!
great detail, I find Teresa's explanation and demonstration incredibly helpful.
Teresa is an excellent instructor; is informative and makes sourdough baking enjoyable.
Videos are such a great help when learning how to mix your dough. If you want to learn the proper way to make sourdough, enroll in this class. It is fun to do and you get fabulous results!
Everything is easy to understand, step by step and we can go back and review information. Both ways of learning, reading the material and then watching by video is provided (to be followed eventually by our own hands-on learning) It is at a nice comfortable pace, not rushed. I am very impressed and happy with this course.
Clear instructions, easy to follow. Teresa is a great teacher.
I haven't seen anything this thorough. She covers a recipe from A to Z videos included. You have to take this course and her other courses. Your bread baking skills will no doubt be boosted with Teresa's courses. Her videos are fantastic and honestly, you get more than what you paid.
Very well done, I learn by watching then doing. Teresa is very good at show and tell...Thanx Teresa
This course has been so helpful, as I think I would have struggled without it. The instructions and videos are very clear. I would definitely recommend it!
So come on and join in the fun! Teresa
Who this course is for:
- This course is for the more advanced baker or the intermediate baker willing to stretch their skills
- This is not a beginners course.
- This course is for students who have taken the earlier baking courses in this series or who are more advanced home bakers.
Teresa loves teaching serious home bakers, how to bake real sourdough bread! She worked at two different bakeries besides baking at home for over 40 years. Eighteen years ago, she built a business (Northwest Sourdough) along with a membership site (The Baking Network) around teaching others how to bake real sourdough at home. She published a four volume book called, "Discovering Sourdough," "Extreme Fermentation" and also, "Make Your Own Sourdough Starter." You can find the live series "Make Your Own Sourdough Starter with Me" on You Tube plus a free downloadable e-book.
Teresa's Facebook group, "Perfect Sourdough" is the largest sourdough bread baking group in the world. She also has other groups, "The Baking Network" and "Bread Bakers and Artisan Baked Goods" for all types of baking. Followers can also join her membership site at "The Baking Network" online.
Her Bread Recipes and Formulas from her books and blog and baking courses have been featured on TV and spread all around the world through online forums, her active Facebook group, Perfect Sourdough, Youtube channel and her site, Northwest Sourdough.
Northwest Sourdough is featured in the resource section of Peter Reinhart's book," Artisan Breads Every Day." Teresa was also one of the photographers for "The Grain Gathering" in it's early years when it was called, "Kneading Conference West." She has been featured in numerous articles, magazines and interviews including Forbes and First for Women. She was selected as one of the top ten Udemy instructors in 2015 and now has thirteen sourdough baking courses on Udemy.
Most of all, Teresa loves to see YOU pull a crispy, crusty, holey sourdough loaf from your own oven. Yes, you can learn to bake the best bread in the world!