The Birth and Journey of a Song: A Songwriting Masterclass
- 3.5 hours on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- To create and record songs that sound competitive in today's music market, with an understanding of how to generate revenue and royalties from those compositions.
- Navigate the maze that is today's music industry and put all the moving parts into a cohesive strategy for success.
- Have a passion for music and a desire to move forward in your songwriting and recording career.
- You should know how to play a musical instrument or sing to get the most out of this course.
Tom Marolda is an iconic songwriter, musician, record producer, engineer and music publisher who has appeared on more than 50 albums either as an artist, producer or composer. He has been nominated for multiple Grammy Awards and has worked on gold and platinum albums with artists such as Cher, The Bee Gees, The Killers, Imagine Dragons, Rod Stewart, Kurupt, Dr. Dre, Richie Sambora of Bon Jovi and many more.
Besides writing and recording songs for a variety of major TV shows, from America’s Next Top Model to the Theme Song for the CBS INSIDER show and Smallville, Marolda also has songs in many major films including “STAYIN’ ALIVE” starring John Travolta, “DAYS OF THUNDER” starring Tom Cruise, “ONCE IN THE LIFE” starring Lawrance Fishburn, “CARMEN” starring Beyonce Knowles, “O” starring Josh Hartman, and “ROCKY BALBOA” starring Sylvester Stallone to name a few.
Tom is here to give you guidance over every aspect of a song, from its birth and along its journey to the ears of listeners.
Tom has taken his years of experience, knowledge, and expertise and put it into a single Master Class.
You'll learn the hallmarks of great songwriting and the tricks that the pros use to captivate listeners. Tom will walk you through a recording and mixing session and you can see exactly what he does to achieve sound quality that will be competitive in today's music market. You'll also learn about income streams and what steps you can take to make monetize your songs once you're ready to share them with the world.
The journey of a song from its inception through to its release is a harrowing and windy road to navigate. There are so many moving parts, so many mountains to climb, hurtles to jump and directions to travel it can leave an artist feeling like they don’t know the way forward.
This course will help you navigate the maze of the music industry and will aid you in gaining the knowledge you need to propel your career forward.
- Students who are singers, songwriters, musicians, band members, or performing artists looking for a guide to success in the music industry.
- This course is for anyone who wants to pursue a career (big or small) in music. From learning about the hallmarks of great songwriting to understanding how to generate income, this course will help you take the next step.
Get the gears turning with creative changes to otherwise common parts of speech.
Let's look at what a publisher's job description is, and how you can benefit by working with a publisher, or becoming a publisher yourself.