Solving Basic Algebraic Equations
- Students should be comfortable adding and subtracting positive and negative numbers.
Solving algebraic equations is a topic that many students find troublesome. This focused course provides a method for solving equations of the form:
2x - 5 = 14
3x/4 + 7 = 20
You'll learn about variables, like terms, coefficients, and keeping equations balanced. Each lesson builds on the last, enabling you to master each step in the process before moving on. All practice problems have solutions provided so you can check your work.
- Middle school to college students. Anyone who has struggled to learn algebra, or who plans to learn more complicated math topics.
- Understanding Variables and Like Terms
- Solving Equations Involving Addition and Subtraction
- Identifying Coefficients
- Understanding Reciprocals
- Solving Equations Involving Multiplication and Division
- Solving Algebraic Equations
- Applying What You've Learned
I am an experienced math instructor with a Bachelor's degree in Physics and a Master's degree in Applied Mathematics. I understand the difficulties many people face when learning math and I've come up with straightforward teaching methods. I am accustomed to teaching in a video format, so my courses are engaging and easy to follow.