Social Work Tools - How To Use Solution Focused Techniques
What you'll learn
- What Are Solution Focused Approaches
- What Are Solution Focused Questions
- How To Use Solution Focused Approaches With A Client's Case Plan
- Focusing on Strengths As An Alternative To A Deficit Based Approach
- Empowering The Client To Define Their Own Success
- A Curious Mind
- An Acceptance Based Approach
- Acknowledgement Of Power Differentials
- No Other Requirements For This Course
Have you ever worked with a client and felt that you have tried EVERYTHING? You've emptied out your toolbox, and nothing seems to work? If you have practiced social work for any length of time, or plan to do so in the future, this is a common story.
In order to be better prepared for situations like this, Social Work Mentor has created a website and Android app to help future, new, and seasoned Social Workers in the office, in the field, and beyond. The tool provides practical, tangible, and easily accessible mentoring and guidance for Social Workers and other helping professionals. These tools can help you address situations like the ones we pointed out above, and many more!
This course provides guidance on how to use one section of the website/app, "Solution Focused Approaches" It is absolutely not necessary to use the website/app to find value in this course, as the concepts are stand alone. However, having or being familiar with the website/app can improve comprehension in the course. After completing this course, any professional in social services and/or human services will be much more equipped to deal with that one difficult, challenging, and defiant client they just can't break through on...and all of their other clients as well!
Who this course is for:
- Individuals Considering Going Into Social Work
- New Social Workers (1-5 Years Experience)
- Seasoned Social Workers Seeking Professional Development
- Helping Professionals In Other Areas Including Community Liaisons, Outreach Workers, Case Managers, Etc.
Ernesto is an award winning Social Services practitioner with over 20 years of experience in the field. During these two decades, Ernesto has been fortunate enough to have gained valuable insight in areas that include case management, writing court reports, collection and analysis of data, substance abuse prevention and coalition building, group facilitation, program development, and grant writing. His areas of experience and expertise include Child Welfare, Monitoring and Evaluation, Leadership, and the Integration of Technology and Social Services.