Complete 3D CAD Modeling SOLIDWORKS Course
What you'll learn
- After completing this course you will be able to confidently produce complex 3D CAD models
- Be ready to employ your skills in real industry environment
- Understand Solidworks in wider context by creating a product from a sketch to video animation
- Solidworks 2016 software or newer version
- Basic knowledge of Windows PC
- No need for prior Solidworks experience
This is full complete Solidworks course. All you need to know to become confident and skillful user and become ready to employ your skills in industry environment. Course starts from scratching through creating 3D objects, assembly and drawing creation and lands on the rendering and animation area. Basically, it covers full process of model creation to the final stage of presenting a model with real life images or animation videos. Upon completion you'll be able to carry Solidworks in your hands safely and autonomously.
Solidworks is the most popular design tool for creating 3D products and technical drawings. Millions of people use it to design anything from 3D-printed toys all the way up to mechanical vehicles, heavy machines and different products of everyday life.
What this course covers?
1. How to get around in Solidworks application and how to create a Solidworks file. Next step is sketching where are explained sketch tools (Line, Circle, Rectangle, Slot, Spline, Fillet, Chamfer, Mirror, Linear and circular sketch pattern, Convert and offset entities, Polygon...).
2. How to use those sketches to create a 3D model. All main tools for working with 3D model are explained (Extruded Boss, Extruded Cut, Revolved Boss, Revolved Cut, Swept Boss, Lofted Boss, Hole Wizard, Fillet, Chamfer, Mirror, Linear pattern, Rib, Draft, Shell...). As well how to create a new plane, new coordinate system, how to calculate mass, volume, and center of mass.
3. How to use parts to create assembly. How to define relations between parts in assembly using mates. All the basic mates (Coincident, concentric, parallel, perpendicular, distance, angle, tangent...) and advanced mates (Width, Distance and angle, Width, Profile center, Path mate, Symmetric...).
4. How to create engineering drawings. Different drawing views. How to put dimensions. As well how to create Bill of Materials (BOM) table.
5. How to evaluate your model using Compare documents, Part reviewer, Measure, Symmetry check, Performance Evaluation...
6. How to create photorealistic images and how to create animation videos. It is explained how to set up a camera, lights, appearance and scene. How to render a model and how to set up a Schedule rendering. As well how set up a motors in animations video, how to change appearance and position of the model in animation video. And in the last lectures is shown how to create an walkthrough videos.
What makes this course different?
1. It covers all important tools and techniques necessary to become competitive Solidworks user today.
2. Exercises after each chapter will build confidence in your skills.
3. No experience. This course will teach you from zero. You don't need to have experience at all.
With this knowledge that you will gain here you will be ready to dive into the industry environment and work on advanced design problems.
If you find that any of this would beneficial for you and will help you to achieve your goals, ENROLL and begin your CAD journey!
Who this course is for:
- Absolute beginners and intermediate students
- Individuals interested in 3D modeling
- Individuals interested to level up career in 3D modeling
My name is Alen Oletic and I am founder of Engineering&CAD School. I'm mechanical engineer and Solidworks Professional with experience in creating 3D modeling and technical drawings of welding spot machines, standard and special purpose configurations.
After graduating with Master's degree in mechanical engineering I started my professional career as a online programmer of industrial welding robots. Including defining MIG/MAG welding technology, installation, calibration and service of welding robot units.
Partially I started with 3D modeling and later fully transit to designing which is now my full time job. For few years I've been tutoring high school and college students as well elders in Math, Strength of Material, Mechanics, Physics and Solidworks.