Nonviolent Action & Movement Building
- An interest in organizing a community, building a movement and practicing nonviolent action.
- No special knowledge, experiences, or materials are needed before beginning this course.
This course covers the basic principles of building an effective, inclusive, and powerful nonviolent movement. Lectures and resources on community organizing, nonviolent strategy, analyzing power, and other essential components of effective civil resistance offer everyday people anywhere the fundamental knowledge needed to change the world. The class is compiled by Solidarity Uganda, an organization that has worked for four years in repressive contexts, training activists and organizers to achieve the impossible.
Who this course is for:
- Our target student is someone who is interested in organizing a community to achieve a goal through nonviolent means.
- 00:52Understanding violence and nonviolence
- 03:35Understanding Power
- 4 questionsIntroduction Quiz
Suzan is a nonviolence trainer, movement building consultant, and activist in Uganda. She has trained hundreds of activists, community organizers, and those who believe in being the change they want to see in the world. She is part of the Team of Directors at Solidarity Uganda, an organization based in East Africa.