Solid Rock Reminders for Self-care and Compassion
What you'll learn
- How to create and use visual aids for improving self-care goals
- Practice making time for yourself/self-compassion
- Notice what physical and emotional habits you want to prioritize
- Personal development and growth using simple arts and crafts
- No artistic requirements required for this course.
- Any level of creativity is welcome.
It’s all too easy to be extremely tough on ourselves, the self doubt, the self criticism and all that negative talk gets in the way. We get pretty good at telling ourselves that we’re not working hard enough or smart enough. Which leads us to fall prey to loads of self criticism, which brings in sadness, frustration, overwhelm or even depression … For these moments we need to carve out some time and space for an emotional reset. That’s when a good dose of self-care comes into play. That may sound selfish or indulgent to some of us; it did for me too, until I realized that life wasn’t meant to go on without it. We could all learn to appreciate a little more, the role that self-care can have in our lives and for our well-being.
During this course you will:
• Create some “solid rock reminders that will list some of your self-care goals or wishes
• Learn to make time for your self-care practices or rituals
• Take time to list some of the things that light you up and make you really happy
• Notice what physical and emotional self-care habits you want to pay more attention to
• Be reminded of how you can do something simple each day for your self-care
• Realize that you can have some creative fun along the way
This project is for anyone, whether you are a beginner artist or none at all, whether you’re a professionally skilled one or someone who just enjoys and gets inspired by watching someone else create. But most of all, it’s for those who wish to pay a little more attention to their self-care and well-being.
Flat and smooth rocks
Acrylic paints (I’m using white and greens but you can choose any color that you would prefer)
A permanent marker
Your Class project will be to think about each aspect of your self-care, routines or goals that you do or would like to improve in or try out and experience more of... and create for each one a painted rock, as a “solid rock reminder” and manifestation that you will do it. You’ll get to design and decorate them by adding a word or a drawn object, shapes or patterns and colors that remind you of what they are, or just include something that brings you a sense of joy, love and comfort. And let’s encourage each other by sharing our ideas and projects as we grow together in our self-care and compassion.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone feeling the need to improve in their self-care and compassion level
- Anyone interested in having a little creative fun on the way
I was born in France and now live in a little countryside village in Alsace, France.
I lived abroad most of my life, soaking up a variety of experiences and adventures around the world, which have enriched my life with culture, ethnicity, languages, and more.
My earliest memories as a child include drawing, especially portraits and flowers. As the years passed, my passion for art flourished and I have now illustrated many children’s books and taught art for kids since 1999. Today, art is still one of my joys.
Returning to live in Alsace in 2011, and being surrounded by its beauty and charm, amazing architecture, nature, and culture, has inspired me to express it through my art. I am reliving a small glimpse of what my grandfather experienced as he painted Alsatian villages and portraits. And through sketching, drawing, and coloring in my whimsical style, I am learning to depict some of the wonders of this beautiful place called Alsace.
More recently, I've been experimenting with Self-care and this has started me on an amazing journey as I explore incorporating my love for art and creativity with the need for physical and emotional well-being. I've experienced firsthand the results and rewards from paying attention to my health through self-care, and with a slower and more mindful way of living. That's why I've created some courses on this topic as well, realizing that all of us could do a little better with taking care of ourselves, so that we can have an even greater impact on others, and most of all feel a renewed sense of JOY and PEACE.