Software Supply Chain Security for Developers
What you'll learn
- Develop security engineering skills
- Develop application security skills
- Identify and manage vulnerabilities in code
- Supply chain security risk management
- Software Supply Chain Security using Azure DevOps
- Software Supply Chain Security using GitHub
- Improve the security of software development lifecycle
- Developer security awareness
- Software Supply Chain using the Command Line
- Basic developer background to understand some of the common software development terminology
- General computing knowledge, familiarity with using an internet browser and web applications
The Software Supply Chain Security for Developers course takes you from little or no knowledge and shows you how to build security into development projects with practical demonstrations. You will learn the principles of configuring environments in a practical way using minimal lectures and focusing on step by step demonstrations. There are very few courses like this that get straight into the practicalities application security and devsecops. With this capability, you will be able to provide professional and consistent service to your company or clients and help secure your organisation. You will learn to implement security using GitHub and Azure DevOps.
This is a fast-growing area, specialist developers with skills in security are in high demand and using the skills here will enable your career, giving you cyber security experience in Azure DevOps, GitHub and command line. If you are a beginner, this course is for you as it will give you the foundations in a practical way, not theoretical. If you are an experienced practitioner you are now becoming aware of conducting supply chain assessments, this course is absolutely essential for you.
Some of the key areas you will learn are:
Software Supply Chain Security
Building software supply supply chain security into the development using GitHub
Building software supply chain security into the development using Azure DevOps
Practical application security skills
Increase knowledge and skills around DevSecOps
This course will give you the grounding you need to help you learn, retain and replicate the security skills necessary to build and improve your DevSecOps processes. The lectures are to the point and concise because your time, like many practitioners, is precious. All demos can be followed using your own software accounts and replayed time and again as your one-stop security reference.
Who this course is for:
- All levels in cyber security from awareness through to practical implementation levels
- Software Developers
- Software Engineers
- Security Architect professionals
- Any developer or software engineer with an interest in or need to improve their cyber security knowledge or posture
- Security professionals
- Security Engineering professionals
Tim Coakley is a Senior Security Solutions Architect for a large multi-national organisation and an Intructor. Tim started a long and successful full-time career in Digital Forensics supporting the criminal justice system and law enforcement on a long list of criminal cases. Parallel to this Tim ran a research and development business creating solutions from design through to support resulting in some unique and niche software not developed anywhere else. Tim now works fully within the cybersecurity space and has supported and worked within many security teams including, Investigations, Incident Response, Threat intelligence, Penetration Testing, Governance and Engineering until landing into Security Architecture.