Software Development From A to Z - OOP, UML, Agile and more
- 5.5 hours on-demand video
- 6 articles
- 6 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Learn about software development from a leading expert
- Get closer to your goal of becoming a software developer even if you have no experience
- Get the companion eBook for FREE! (sells for $28.80 on Amazon)
- Learn about Agile, Waterfall, Kanban and SCRUM
- Learn to Code through hands-on Python Examples
- Get the essential skills to become a successful software engineer
- Get insights into the daily activities of a professional software developer
- Read UML diagrams, create class and sequence diagrams to describe software systems
- Learn about the various career paths in software development
Welcome to the course!
If you are reading this, you are most likely considering a change in career; perhaps you just want to learn more about software development. Whichever the case may be, you are in the right place.
In this clip, I am going to quickly introduce myself, and provide an overview of what's covered in this course about software development.
In this clip, I am going to reveal some of the most widespread misconceptions around software development.
The Waterfall model was first described by Winston Royce back in 1970. Let's see what this sequential model is all about.
A brief introduction of what you'll learn in the upcoming sections.
In this lecture, you’re going to write your first program in Python.
In programming, you’ll encounter situations when you’ve got to repeat certain tasks. In this video, we start implementing a Python project that simulates the login functionality.
- No prerequisites (we will teach you everything you need to know)
- A desire to learn new concepts
** Bestseller Software Development course on Udemy (Updated April 2020) **
Get the essential skills to become a successful software engineer. Extra Bonus: Free e-book version included!
Explore the core concepts of software development using simple, easy-to-understand terms. Get insights into the life of professional coders and acquire technical skills. Get up to speed with programming in Python fast.
“Software Development from A to Z” is an easy to follow guide to the fundamentals of how software applications are created and maintained. You don’t need any prior knowledge or software development experience.
In this comprehensive course, author Károly Nyisztor explores the principles and techniques of software development. He explains each concept using easy-to-understand analogies. Besides, he shares personal insights and real stories from his own professional life.
- PART 1: SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT: MYTHS VS. REALITY
- Misconceptions around software development
- PART 2: SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT METHODOLOGIES
- What’s a Software Development Methodology?
- What’s the Difference between Agile and Waterfall?
- How is Work Organized in Scrum?
- Just-in-Time and Kanban. What has Toyota to Do with Software Development?
- PART 3: PROGRAMMING FOUNDATIONS FOR ABSOLUTE BEGINNERS
- Learn to Code through hands-on Python Examples
- Basic Syntax
- Control Flow
- Error Handling
- File Input and Output
- Introduction to Object-Oriented Programming
- Introduction to Algorithms
- PART 4: THE UNIFIED MODELING LANGUAGE (UML)
- UML Diagram Types
- The Class Diagram
- UML Relationships
- The Sequence Diagram
- The Statechart Diagram
- PART 5: CAREERS IN PROGRAMMING - WEB DEVELOPMENT
- How Do Websites Work?
- What's HTML?
- Using CSS to Style Webpages
- PART 6: ASK KAROLY - STUDENT Q&A VIDEOS
“Software Development from A to Z“ is the perfect course for you if you plan to switch careers or if you just wanted to find out more about software development.
“This course was easy to understand and I feel like I know the basics and where to go next.” - Kyra Morris
“Abstract stuff distilled into bite-size relatable information.” - Brian McPherson
“Great to Go Course! Masterpiece in info for the Software Development industry.” - Prabhakar Kumar
“I really enjoyed the variety of topics and the concise style.” - Monique
MORE THAN AN ONLINE COURSE. WITH THIS CLASS, YOU ALSO RECEIVE:
Karoly's been working as a software engineer for more than two decades. He designed and developed professional systems, including core components of Siemens Healthcare's syngo image processing system.
Karoly was one of the senior software architects behind the SAP Cloud Platform SDK for iOS, a framework built by Apple and SAP.
As a student of this course, you’ll get personalized attention and support.
The companion eBook for FREE!
The paperback version sells for $28.80 on Amazon
You get downloadable UML cheat sheets you can use as quick reference guides.
We keep enhancing this course to provide fresh and up-to-date content.
OUR 30-DAY MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE
If you aren't satisfied with your purchase, we'll refund you your money - no questions asked! We want to make sure you're completely satisfied with the course. That's why we're happy to offer you this money-back guarantee.
Go ahead and click the enroll button. See you in the first lesson!
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Károly Nyisztor is a veteran mobile developer and instructor.
He has built several successful iOS apps and games—most of which were featured by Apple—and is the founder at LEAKKA, a software development, and tech consulting company. He's worked with companies such as Apple, Siemens, SAP, and Zen Studios.
Currently, he spends most of his days as a professional software engineer and IT architect. Besides, he teaches object-oriented software design, iOS, Swift, Objective-C, and UML. As an instructor, he aims to share his 20+ years of software development expertise and change the lives of students throughout the world. He's passionate about helping people reveal hidden talents and guide them into the world of startups and programming.
You can find his courses and books on all major platforms, including Amazon, Lynda, LinkedIn Learning, Pluralsight, Udemy, and iTunes.
- This course is for you if you plan to start a career in software development
- This course will refresh your knowledge about software development concepts
- Take this course if you want to acquire technical skills required for job interviews
- You'll get insights into the software development industry