Communication Skills Mastery | Business Communication MBA
What you'll learn
- How to gain power and get promoted
- Communicate effectively with bosses, colleagues, and direct reports
- Write emails
- Persuade people to do what you want
- Talk on the phone and use body language
- Resolve conflicts and deal with stress and stressful situations
- Communication skills
- Some experience working in an office
"Soft skills are the hard skills.” (Amy Edmondson, Harvard University professor)
According to People Skills, 80 percent of people who fail at work do so because of a lack of social skills. This is especially true of new hires and millennials who have grown up in the digital world and may not have had an opportunity to learn effective communication skills.
This course is the best communication skills training guide because author Dekker Fraser provides real world experience as an employee moving up through successful businesses using effective business communication. He also gives advice for business managers learned from the communication leaders at companies such as Kraft and Baxter. Fraser is a prominent leader in communication skills development, having learned communication skills at top business schools including Northwestern and Columbia, and in many leadership workshops. Your instructor was a VP of Marketing and held numerous prestigious positions at top companies and startups and was a Division Director in Toastmasters.
In this valuable communication skills course, you will learn proven methods that can be effectively applied around the world by both employees and supervisors:
The 2 ways coworkers and supervisors evaluate you and how to ensure that they like you and feel comfortable working with you
The 5 most important interpersonal skills for the modern office and how to quickly develop your social interaction skills in these vital areas
The 3 biggest barriers to effective business communication and proven methods for overcoming those challenges
Ways to be likable and listen to others, while still achieving your goals for job promotions and leadership positions
Steps to develop effective leadership and collaborative leadership skills for supervisors in order to encourage teamwork and employee collaboration in diverse workplaces
Now, you can learn to feel comfortable and have fun at work, while contributing as a productive member of your team in the workplace, just as your instructor has learned and applied these principles for over a decade of success in the business world.
Learn communication skills...
Winning with communication
This course will teach you the fundamental soft skills needed to survive and get ahead in an office environment.
Learn how to:
Gain power and get promoted
Write persuasive and polite emails [email writing]
Talk on the phone
Persuade people using business communication
Manage up, down, and sideways
Navigate office politics
Buy this communications skills course now!
Key communications skills sections:
How to persuade people to do what you need
Email, phone & in-person communication
Cold email writing
Interview communication skills
I was a Division Director in Toastmasters and a Global Marketing Manager at Sony, two positions that relied heavily on soft skills. I was also a VP of Marketing and held numerous senior-level positions. I've done countless leadership training programs and received an M.B.A. from a top-5 U.S. business school.
soft skills | personality development and soft skills | soft skills training |soft skills courses | communication skills | business communication | communication techniques| winning with communication | leadership | effective communication
Who this course is for:
- Office workers
• Global Product Marketing Manager for Sony PlayStation
• Vice President of Marketing for a Google accelerator startup
• Senior Product Marketing Manager for a Series-A startup
• Product Marketing Manager for a Google-backed Series-D startup
• Director of Marketing for Ironclad Games / Flame Design
• SaaS Marketing Consultant
• MBA in Marketing from Northwestern University - Kellogg School of Management
• Leadership Essentials from Columbia Business School
• Bachelor of Commerce from Mount Allison University
• Master's and bachelor's business courses at BI: Norwegian Business School
• Presidential Scholar at Saint Mary's University
Academic & Volunteer Experience
• University MBA Program Advisor
• College Marketing Lecturer for Digital Marketing & Business Analytics
• Division Director and VP of Membership for Toastmasters International
• Board of Directors for a charity