17 Soft Skills You Need in the 21st Century
- 3 hours on-demand video
- 11 articles
- 6 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Define soft skills
- Identify soft skills categories and clusters
- Learn how to improve Resilience – learning to keep going when things don’t go according to plan, coping with the unfamiliar, managing disappointment and dealing with conflict
- Teamwork – learning to connect and work with others to achieve a set task
- Leadership – assessing the requirements of a task, identifying the strengths within the team, utilising the diverse skills of the group to achieve the set objective, awareness of risk/safety
- Communication – demonstrating clear briefing and listening skills, not being afraid to ask for help and support when necessary
- Emotional maturity and emotional health – learning to handle emotions including tolerance and behavioural responses, building positive friendships and bonding with peers and classmates, learning to show understanding and to demonstrate respect for the opinions, personal space and beliefs of others
- Confidence and enthusiasm for learning – developing self-motivation, raised aspirations and belief in one’s own abilities, defining and committing to achieving one’s goals
- Citizenship – raising awareness of one’s place and role within a community through volunteering and conservation opportunities
- Responsibility – for one’s self, learning self-reliance and independence
- Employability skills – time and resource management, conflict resolution, teaching and mentoring others
- Develop effective communication skills
- Develop effective presentation skills
- Develop all-round personality with a mature outlook to function effectively in different circumstances.
- Basic understanding of soft skills as opposed to hard skills would be a bonus but not necessary. Students need access to a PC or portable device with internet access to view the the training materials
Soft Skills (a vital portion of an individual’s personality) is an intangible idea in which the qualities like attitude, ability, integrity, reliability, positivity, flexibility, dependability, punctuality, management, cooperation, habits and practices are combined proficiently to
capitalize on a person’s work efficacy. Soft Skills do the work of combining all these components in accurate share into skills and shaping them into competencies.
Companies opt for, maintain and prop up persons who are trustworthy, ingenious, principled and good communicators and who are prepared to work under stress. These lessons are developed with a view to create awareness of the importance of the soft skills and assist the learners to improve them.This Soft skill training course has been developed with an objective to develop employees and managers and enhance professionalism. Our soft skill course let the candidates take deep dive into different areas of communication including negotiation skills, presentation skills, leadership skills, time management, customer service and more.
- This course is suitable for professionals in frontline roles (e.g. customer service, sales, nurses, doctors, teacher...) as well as people managers and leaders.