Socket Programming In C++ (Windows)
What you'll learn
- Basic Concepts In Socket Programming. What are they? How they behave when using in blocking / non-blocking mode.
- Basic Concept of IPv4 and IPv6 and their address formats. The related structures which are used to maintain the host information for specific address type.
- Hands on exposure to Single client and Multi client handling socket (TCP) server and client code. Code will also be shared with students
- Hands on exposure to UDP based client and server coding and demos.
- To take this course, you must have at least the knowledge of C/C++ programming. Good To Have : You should be able to understand the concept of windows libraries and APIs and how they are used.
Socket Programming is an essential part of any client server based applications. The real time systems and many over the network based communication based applications are there which are maintained by many professinals throughout the world and any mistake while fixing any bug due to misunderstood concepts will lead to troubles and extra efforts by the developers. But if the foundation is strong and basics are clear in your mind, you will be easily able to maintain / enhance such applications.
This course has been prepared for Software professionals and Engineering students who wants to learn the basics of socket programming. This course helps you to understand the socket programming at a level where you will be confident enough to program the requirements in TCP/UDP based development.
Many college students and professionals suffer to understand the basics of socket programming and the uses of socket APIs (Like what is the use of WSAStartup or any other WSA APIs, Network Byte Order, TCP vs UDP etc). This course has been prepared in such a step by step manner, that with each step you will be sure of the concepts you need to know.
This course will make you comfortable to become a developer who knows the things related to sockets at an intermediate level (Something more than basics and beginners). But primarily this course has been prepared for beginners.
Happy Learning !!
Who this course is for:
- This course is intended to the software professionals and MCA, Engineering students who wants to learn the network based communication programming.
I'm a Software Professional working in IT industry for almost 16 years now. I have a good exposure in Windows based development, synchronization , Inter Process Communication and Thread Synchronization concepts.
I worked mainly in Financial and Banking domain projects with a brief experience in developing stock exchanges based product and tools!!