Sociology: Understanding our Society and Culture
What you'll learn
- Explore how key social events have affected our lives.
- Understand the social forces that shape our behavior.
- Explore the impact of our social environment on us.
- Learn about the primary social institutions, such as family, government and economic system.
- Deep dives into our behavior when we are part of a group.
- Examine society, culture and its impact.
- Understand social groups and their role.
- Explore the origins of culture.
- Understand yourself better and your actions.
- Learn in depth about fundamental social issues.
- Make better decisions for yourself and other organizations.
- Study how culture and heredity influence each other.
- Become better at influencing others.
- Understand social status and class.
- Explore urban and rural communities and how each impacts us.
- Learn about social institutions.
- Better understand the social world.
- And much more!
- Willingness to enrich your knowledge.
Have you ever wondered how social forces shape us and our culture?
Sociology can help us figure out how these forces operate, and the effect they have on our lives. The quest to understand society is urgent and important, because our welfare is tied up with what happens to it.
By understanding them we can make better decisions for our own and for our organizations.
At the same time sociology helps us not only better understand the world around us, but also sheds light on how our social environment influences the way we think, feel and act. Thus we will be better equipped to make connections between social events and their consequences on our everyday lives.
This knowledge in turn enables us to effectively influence others and improve the way we interact with others in groups. The deep understanding of group behavior can greatly enhance our social skills.
In this sociology course we will explore a wide range of topics and issues that are prevalent in our society.
Sociology may be a great aid to an understanding of social problems because of its interest in the broad basic aspects of social life.
While sociology is concerned with the general study of society, it deals also, practically and intensively, with a selected number of social problems.
Some of the social problems that sociologists study pertain to the family, government and economic organization.
Becoming aware of these issues will help you become a more informed citizen.
Apart from that we will learn how groups operate, how culture changes, and how culture affects personality.
Studying sociology is imperative, because it allows you to gain a better understanding of human nature and society.
So enroll now and let’s get started!
Who this course is for:
- Anyone interested in sociology.
I am a udemy instructor. I am very passionate at sharing the knowledge I gained throughout the years and after extensive studies, with my students. I am very proud to present you with my courses. These courses are created after thorough work, to deliver you the best learning experience possible. I hope that you will find the knowledge provided as invaluable as I did.