Social Media for Online Lecturers with Laurel Papworth
- have a computer, Mac or PC
- recommend creating a basic Facebook personal profile if not already
- have an idea what their Udemy course will be about and who it will be for.
"This course is not sponsored or affiliated with Udemy, Inc" : This course is presented by Laurel Papworth, lecturer University of Sydney, Forbes Magazine Top 50 Social Media Influencers and AdAge Power150 Media & Marketing Bloggers.
It often seems to new lecturers that the successful lecturers on Udemy already have a "big following" or have a large "email database" or a lot of Likes and Followers on Facebook and Twitter. Are you interested in setting up a Facebook Page and creating a website/blog in Wordpress to promote your Udemy course? There are two sections:
- Creating a Facebook Page for your Udemy Course
- Create a Wordpress website specifically to start promoting your Udemy courses.
FROM SMALL TO BIG: We all had to start somewhere: My name is Laurel Papworth and I have over 240,000 followers on social media, and connect with 4 million people regularly each month. I have worked on social media projects for TV shows (Jnr Masterchef, Idol, Big Brother), not for profits (UNHCR) and overseas (MBC Saudi Arabia, Department Defence Singapore). It's taken me ages adn lots of mistakes to get there. Let's make sure you don't make the same mistakes and quickly get on the road to success. In THIS course you go step by step through the "secrets" that the big companies use to get millions of Facebook Likes, and the key tips and tricks to engage and promote your Udemy course on your website/blog (which you'll build from scratch in Wordpress!).
READY? If you are ready to start promoting your Udemy course on social media, or if you are about to start/finish recording your Udemy course but want to be ready to market it on Facebook, or if you are just interested in key tactics for social media marketing and blogging, lets get started!
IN THIS COURSE I will take you through how to promote a course online (mine is a fictitious course on How to Make Breakfast) and also reveal what I did to build my following and business online, including that I regularly travel the world to present my courses live in Portugal, Saudi Arabia, Singapore and the rest of Asia. My students have also asked me to write for major newspapers, to present at their international conferences and to come inhouse to run workshops for them and their staff. If you become successful on Udemy you will find success in other areas of teaching and public presenting and consulting!
YOU ARE: A Udemy lecturer (now or in the near future):
- Very knowledgeable on your subject whether it's baking or cars or the stock exchange but are not so confident in social media marketing, blogging and Facebooking. But you'll be up and running in no time!
- Concerned as you have a Facebook Page or Group for your students but it just doesn't seem to be doing a lot. Let's fix that!
- Not very technical and don't have a website and don't know where to start. Don't worry, you don't have to be!
FACEBOOK We start with Facebook Pages - did you know that Facebook chooses who it will show your Page to, and who will NOT see your updates even if they LIKE your Page? It's called FBO (Facebook Optimisation) and is similar to SEO (eg Google's Search Engine Optimisation) Let's get that set up correctly from the beginning (or fix your Page along the way).
WEBSITE/BLOG The we get your website set up to properly promote your courses. Don't just put up a website with "about the lecturer, "special discounts on my courses" and "keynote speaker" pages: let's get your website working with Udemy and with Facebook and YouTube and Instagram and Twitter.
COURSE INFORMATION: You'll receive howto videos that screencast (demonstrate on my screen) what you can do. Don't forget to pause and rewind and follow along! Also a workbook for you to download & fill in as well as a Q&A forum - don't forget to include links to your website, Facebook Twitter, YouTube etc in the discussions!
Who this course is for:
- Udemy lecturers who currently have courses on Udemy but want to promote them more
- New Udemy lecturers who are interested in promoting their courses on social media once they go live
- May not be suitable for Udemy lecturers with a Marketing background already.
- 03:28Introduction: What is covered in this Facebook Course for Udemy Lecturers
- 07:59IMPORTANT: 3 Questions for your Udemy Course Facebook Page
- 04:46Which Facebook Category HELPS best? Create your Facebook Udemy Course Page
- 05:05What Should You Post and How Will You Sound? Facebook Udemy Course Page Voice
- 05:30Quick Tips: Cover & Profile Picture on Your Facebook Udemy Course Page Canva
- 05:07IMPORTANT!! Get It RIGHT!! - Target Audience for Facebook Udemy Course Page
I am a CERT IV Training and Assessment certified trainer (Diplomas and Certificates etc) and I also have taught a Masters of Convergent Media. My personal social media: Forbes Magazine named me in the Top 50 Social Media Influencers globally,named head of media, social media by Marketing Magazine and in the Power150 (AdAge Magazine) Media bloggers. I strive to show the theory/strategy with practical tactical tools in online community building.
Professionally, I manage Facebook Pages for Junior Masterchef, Idol, Big Brother etc. I have taught social media for businesses at University of Sydney for 10 years and I have 7,000 online students. My clients range from UNHCR and TV shows to small businesses and Women Matter (Saudi Arabia Women of Islam community). I have a quarter of a million followers online, personally reaching around 6 million people per month through social media. I have taught around 100,000 people in the last 10 years how to build online communities, create social media content, write strategy documents, drive social media campaigns and improve their Facebook Page through FBO and earned attention.
I personally have a quarter of a million followers online, personally reaching around 6 million people per month through social media. I have taught around 100,000 people in the last 10 years how to build online communities, create social media content, write strategy documents, drive social media campaigns and improve their Facebook Page through FBO and earned attention and have around 7,000 online students.