Social Media Success for Photographers
What you'll learn
- In this web course on social media strategy for photographers you'll learn why, how, and which social media platforms you should be utilizing to build a brand as a photographer, increase traffic to your photography website and blog, and how these things will bring more success to your photography business.
There are many photographers and photography businesses who have been utilizing social media, as part of their digital marketing strategy, to move their photography businesses forward.
However, there are many more photographers who aren't.
Are you one of those? Do find that social media is a "waste of time" or that you're not seeing growth in your followers?
Do you struggle to see the true value in creative social media marketing for your photography business?
If so, then this 3 hour course is for you.
In this web course on social media success for photographers I'll teach you how photographers with massive followings are using strategies that get them noticed. You'll learn some of the fundamentals behind using social media strategies for your photography business.
The course will cover:
● Why social media marketing is important for photographers.
● The foundational elements of successful social media marketing.
● You'll learn some of the tools of the trade I use to manage my social media accounts.
● You'll learn why it's important to know your audience.
● We'll discuss setting goals and tracking your progress.
● How to build your social media profiles as a photography business person.
● The importance of filling your content funnel.
● We'll cover Facebook, Twitter, Goolge Plus, and LinkedIn
● We'll also touch on Flickr, 500px, Instagram, and Pinterest
● ...and more!</p>
Who this course is for:
- This web course is intended for photographers who wish to increase their business potential by utilizing best practice techniques in social media strategy.
Content Creation, Content Management, & Social Media Management Specialist
I started YourPhotoTips.com in my spare time as a passionate hobbyist photographer and blogger in 2008. I built a large readership and a large following on Twitter for the website Twitter handle @YourPhotoTips to over 25,000 followers. During this time I have also generated a large following on my personal social media outlets. As of July 2012 I have just under 40,000 followers on Twitter for @DamienFranco and over 50,000 people have me circled on Google Plus.
In May 2011 I was contacted by Barnes and Noble for an offer to merge the YourPhotoTips.com website with Pixiq.com, a Sterling Publishing website focused on photography tips and tutorials, in an effort to help them garner more attention from online photography enthusiasts for their Photography Publishing company Lark Photography (now Pixiq Publishing). I stayed on as a contributor to Pixiq.com as part of the deal.
In July 2011 I was asked to join the Sterling Publishing Digital Marketing team as the online editor for Pixiq.com with responsibilities that ranged from content and community management, online reputation management, online outreach, and social media strategy as well as increase reader engagement, user experience, and manage content and growth for the website's E-Newsletter. I worked remotely (from Midland, TX) in constant communication with the Sterling Publishing Digital Marketing Team and with our Sales and Advertising Team based mostly in New York, NY.
During my tenure at Pixiq.com we were able to realize growth in all of our key digital marketing targets including a 225% increase in Twitter followers, 109% increase in Facebook fans, and a staggering 865% increase in E-Newsletter subscribers.
• Web & social media strategy
• Web marketing
• Brand development
• Program management
• Project management
• Information architecture