Social Media Strategy: 9 Steps for Business and Government
What you'll learn
- Write a social media strategy for Corporate or Government internal stakeholders or external clients
- Implement the 9 steps of a social media strategy including Purpose, Voice, Key Influencer Relationships, Campaigns and more.
- Identify and communicate what should and should not be included in a social media strategy for Corporate and Goverment
- Use Corporate Government and Non Profit case studies and analysis of social media strategies, implementation and adaptation to inform your strategy and execution.
- Write a Corporate or Government strategy around a pitch document (included in this course) that will test your new knowledge!
- Understand a STRATEGY is not how to use Facebook but documenting and processes for Business and Government to manage social media strategically
- Access to a laptop, how to search on Google or other search tools and the ability to access Facebook, Twitter etc is a prerequisite
- It is assumed the student is already familiar with communications, marketing and public relations practices and be interested in applying social media to those frameworks.
- Some understanding of what social media means to Business and Organisations, and the challenges to be faced would be beneficial.
This is a Corporate course for Business, Government and Not for Profits on how to WRITE A social media strategy:
Many Marketing and Public Relations professionals in large organisations such as Government Departments and Corporates want more structure than simply competitions and promotions on Facebook & Twitter and broadcasting content on LinkedIn. This course will enable you to create a great social media strategy for your own business and your clients that includes: (Don't forget to click HD on the videos!)
why your Government Department or Corporate Organisation are on social media & why customers and stakeholders would want to connect with you
what social media platforms you (and your stakeholders) should use, and when.
how to find and engage with key influencers and bloggers, monitoring and evaluating them
creating campaigns from monitoring platforms to measurement
a conversation diary and content calendar including an downloadable doc.
developing a voice in social & what to say,
as well as finding and connecting with target markets (Customer Avatars) across social platforms
and integrating websites and microsites with social.
INCLUDES: A choice of 4 project briefs for you to practice your strategy development on, Homework for each section with a discussion area to ask questions and receive answers.
This course was part of the PRIA (Public Relations Institute of Australia) series of workshops.
Each lecture takes you through a step of the framework with theory, a case study and homework based around a pitch document (brief). This course is invaluable for a public relations or communications professional looking to develop and implement strategies rather than just "run a Facebook Page", those re-entering the workforce or repositioning to take on more social media responsibilities as part of their usual role. Small businesses will find the overall strategy useful to framework their current Facebook and Twitter activities.
Laurel Papworth was named by Forbes Magazine as a Top 50 Social Media Influencer, she has consulted and trained Governments around the world (Parliament House in Canberra, Australia, also Malaysia, Singapore and Saudi Arabia) as well as Corporate social media strategies for Sony, United Nations and banks/financial services.
Who this course is for:
- MARKETING DIRECTORS who need to understand and articulate the strategic implications of social media for the organisation
- STUDENTS This course is for students with some knowledge of public relations or marketing, and a need to write and implement Social Media Strategies rather than just manage a Facebook Page.
- STRATEGY CONSULTANTS This course is suitable for someone who has just taken over social media management, or who is now writing strategy documents or who is reentering the workforce as a public relations professional after some time away
- NOT ADMINS This course is not suitable for those who are wanting to solely learn the tactics of Facebook and Twitter and are not interested in the strategy.
I am a CERT IV Training and Assessment certified trainer (Diplomas and Certificates etc) and I also have taught a Masters of Convergent Media. My personal social media: Forbes Magazine named me in the Top 50 Social Media Influencers globally,named head of media, social media by Marketing Magazine and in the Power150 (AdAge Magazine) Media bloggers. I strive to show the theory/strategy with practical tactical tools in online community building.
Professionally, I manage Facebook Pages for Junior Masterchef, Idol, Big Brother etc. I have taught social media for businesses at University of Sydney for 10 years and I have 7,000 online students. My clients range from UNHCR and TV shows to small businesses and Women Matter (Saudi Arabia Women of Islam community). I have a quarter of a million followers online, personally reaching around 6 million people per month through social media. I have taught around 100,000 people in the last 10 years how to build online communities, create social media content, write strategy documents, drive social media campaigns and improve their Facebook Page through FBO and earned attention.
I personally have a quarter of a million followers online, personally reaching around 6 million people per month through social media. I have taught around 100,000 people in the last 10 years how to build online communities, create social media content, write strategy documents, drive social media campaigns and improve their Facebook Page through FBO and earned attention and have around 7,000 online students.