Social Media Strategy for Authors
What you'll learn
- You will learn where to participate on social media and where not to waste your time
- You will have a clear understanding of the 3 key types of posts that make a great feed & bring people coming back
- You will be able to promote yourself & your books without coming off too “salesy"
- You will understand where and how to interact for maximum impact and increased engagement
- You will receive a clear, easy to implement, 15-day plan to kickstart your efforts
- You will have access to Includes 100 beautiful, pre-made posts you can start using right away
- This course also includes a bonus section covering the basics of social media advertising with tutorials
- Students should have a basic understanding of how to use social media.
Overwhelmed by social media? Unsure where, how, when and what to post to attract loyal readers and get them buying books? Whether you are an indie author or traditionally published, write fiction or non-fiction, this easy-to-follow, step-by-step process saves time and delivers results.
Which Platforms to Focus On. Determine where to spend your time, and where not to waste it.
The 3 Key Types of Content. Everything you need to know to create a feed that people will want to follow and visit again and again.
Self-Promotion Tips. How to promote yourself and your books effectively without appearing too "salesy" and turning off potential readers.
Engagement Tips. How and where to interact for maximum impact and increased engagement.
Time Management Tips. Tips and tricks for saving time and managing your social media ongoing.
15 Day Jumpstart Plan & Checklist. A step-by-step plan to transform your social media presence in just 15 days.
BONUS CONTENT ($700 Value)
Pre-made Content Ready to Post. 25 different author-appropriate posts, beautifully designed and sized for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn - that's 100 posts total.
Introduction to Social Media Advertising. Learn the pros, cons and basics of social media advertising to help you get started.
Advertising Tutorial: Boosting & Sponsoring Content. Learn how to boost and/or sponsor content easily and effectively on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter to increase engagement and interest.
Advertising Tutorial: Audience Building. Learn how to create and run a targeted audience building campaign on Facebook to increase page likes and followers.
Who this course is for:
- Authors interested in utilizing the power of social media to promote themselves & their books
- This course is appropriate for all authors - Fiction & Non-fiction, Indie Published, Self Published or Traditionally Published
I’ve been working in the arts, as a gallery director, gallery owner, curator, consultant, private dealer, author and educator for over twenty years.
I owned my own gallery in New York City (Sloan Fine Art) from 2008 to 2012 and continue to mount exhibitions and work with collectors and artists. I also teach Business of Art courses and lecture on a variety of topics at art schools across the US.
Working with so many wonderful artists in so many different roles for so many years I noticed the same questions coming up again and again. I realized there was a lack of practical, straightforward information available to artists and in 2015 set out to do something about it. I wrote "Launching Your Art Career: A Practical Guide for Artists" which became a #1 book in its category on Amazon and is now in it's second edition.
In 2017 I founded the Practical Advice for Artists website to continue that work through free checklists and resources, a blog, online courses and personalized services for artists.