Digital Marketing Success: Proven Science and Design
- 4.5 hours on-demand video
- 6 articles
- 1 downloadable resource
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Design and implement effective and aesthetically pleasing social media images and ads
- Apply science-backed principles of social media marketing in order to get more shares, likes, comments, retweets, fans, followers, and purchases via social media and online digital marketing
- Write effective and appropriate promotional copy and calls to action for online digital marketing and social media marketing
- Apply effective color, including appropriate hue, saturation, and value, in social media marketing
- Design effective animated ads and cinemagraph social media image posts using Adobe Photoshop
- Get more clicks, likes, shares, follows, and purchases on media such as Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, and more.
- If you want to follow along exactly with me in the practical projects where we put the science-backed principles into practice, you'll need Adobe Photoshop, preferably Creative Cloud, but recent versions should work as well. I also link to a few free image editing options in the course, which will be fine for most techniques but not the two animated ad exercises, which require Photoshop. If you only want to know the science-backed marketing principles and don't need to design the images or ads yourself (for example, if you hire someone else to design your images), then of course you won't need Photoshop.
Would you like to get more clicks, shares, retweets, comments, likes, fans, followers, and purchases via social media marketing and/or digital marketing?
Then this course is for you.
Perhaps you're a YouTuber who wants to get more clicks on your video thumbnails. Or you use Facebook brand page to promote your brand or company and want to know the science-backed factors to get more fans, comments, likes, and shares. Or perhaps you run Twitter for a large corporation and want to get more retweets.
Learn the Science-Based Methods of Effective Social Media and Digital Marketing:
In this course, you'll learn from three types of lectures:
Short, helpful lessons covering the numerous scientific, quantitative studies that have found what factors lead to more engagement, followers, and purchases via social media marketing and online advertising. Some of these studies have looked at top 100 global brands' campaigns over a number of years to see what factors contribute to higher engagement.
Practical, hands-on exercises to put these principles into practice by designing social media images and ads.
"Behind the scenes" lectures where I upload the images we've designed together and then confirm the earlier large-scale studies with small-scale tests.
Course Structure and Progression:
In this course, you'll learn and apply the industry-standard design principles, and then you'll learn and apply the science of getting more clicks and engagement. You'll then be amazed by the power of writing appeals, color, and other marketing tips by learning from science-backed marketing secrets confirmed in academic journals. You'll design ads and images throughout the course in order to put these principles into practice.
If you want to follow along with me exactly in the handful of practical exercises, then you'll need Adobe Photoshop, preferably Creative Cloud, although earlier versions work as well. I also include links to free image editing programs in the course, although for the animated ads lesson, you'll need Photoshop. Of course, if you're only interested in the science-backed marketing tips and you hire someone else to design your social media images, then you won't need the software.
See the promotional video for my qualifications to teach this course and let me know if you have any questions! Thanks!
Some other courses feature anecdotal evidence or even inaccurate information NOT backed up by any study (for example, the mythical "names of files affects your YouTube SEO" lie, told by various Udemy instructors, which is not proven and which YouTube themselves debunked).
The information you learn in this course is the result of five months' studying all academic journal articles and other studies on social media marketing and digital marketing. I went through hundreds of articles so I could summarize them in helpful lessons which can then be applied.
- This course is for anyone who wants more clicks, likes, shares, comments, retweets, fans, followers, and purchases via social media marketing and/or digital marketing.
- This course is for people who want more clicks on their YouTube thumbnail images, course thumbnail images, online ads and social media images.
- This course is for people who want to learn how to write effectively in social media marketing posts.
- This course is for people who run a social media presence for a company or use social media to promote their own brand, such as independent photographers, writers, and so on.
- This course is not for people who are already maxed out in terms of potential followers, fans, and success on social media or those who already know all the scientific research of effective social media marketing and digital marketing and how to apply it.
Welcome to Social Media Market Science! In this introductory lecture, you'll learn from an overview about this course and what you'll learn, including the science-based marketing secrets of getting more clicks, shares, comments, likes, and engagement. You'll also learn about how this course will help you get more customers, followers, and fans through effective social media marketing and digital marketing.
In this lecture, you'll learn the science of how image size affects click-through rate in online image ads and how images can be effective in advertising.
In this practical exercise, you can follow along and resize an image and then see results of an experiment to test the principle that certain size images will result in higher engagement.
In this lesson, you'll learn the science-backed marketing secrets of online animated ads. Various companies have used animated ads on Instagram and Twitter and on their web sites. The academic journal articles illustrate how certain types of animation are effective at increasing click-through rate.