Social Media Crisis Prevention
What you'll learn
- What is considered reckless misconduct on social media
- Use social media without violating federal, state and local laws
- Use social media without infringing on intellectual property rights
- Identify your free speech rights, anti-discrimination and harassment and much more
- Identify your free speech rights and anti-discrimination and harassment best practices
- Understand the issues that could impact your physical security and safety
- No prior knowledge of social media governance is required.
Did you know that name calling and character assassination on social media -- even if it's just your personal opinion -- can get you fired and cost hundreds of thousands of dollars in attorney’s fees and damages?
Do you know when it’s safe to share a copyrighted work online without the owner’s permission?
Did you know you can be fined up to $11,000 per incident for tweeting at work without making the required disclosures?
Are you aware of your privacy rights online, and the rights organization’s have to monitor other people’s social media use?
Avoid becoming the next social media meltdown by learning how to use social networks lawfully and responsibly.
Who this course is for:
- This course for anyone who wants to use social media for work.
I help clients convert mindshare into market share through owned, shared, earned and paid media.
• Freelance journalism
• White papers
• Guest editorials
• Primary research
• Commerce content
• Media relations
• Affiliate marketing
• Native advertising
• Local advertising
• Data visualization
• Content optimization
• Article briefs
• Editorial calendars
• Content operations
• Product landing pages
I led the center for digital innovation at Howard Industries, a $1B B2B, launched 2 SaaS start-ups and did integrated marketing for entertainment, media and tech clients at one the world's largest PR Agencies.
I’m a best-selling author of Social Marketing to the Business Customer. Some of the organizations I've advised are Boeing, Cirque du Soleil, City National Bank, Hard Rock Casinos, Johnson & Johnson, Korn Ferry, Lucasfilm, US Dept. of Defense, US Dept. of State, Inter American Development Bank.
My complete library of self-paced, online digital marketing, compliance and security training courses have been taken by nearly a quarter million people worldwide on Udemy and at my own website.
Google "social media training" to find my additional courses.