Social Media Marketing for Nonprofits
What you'll learn
- Develop and execute a social media strategy for nonprofits that will get the intended results.
- Students will need only the most basic computer and internet literacy to succeed in taking this course.
This powerful course by internationally recognized influencer Devin Thorpe will quickly empower you to be a hero within your nonprofit, enabling you to raise your nonprofit's profile, accelerate its fundraising and help it do more good.
This course will take you from dabbling with social media to developing a strategy that will win fans, friends and donors!
This course is intended for busy people with multiple responsibilities, including social media, for a small nonprofit with a small marketing budget. It will help you identify your goals and develop a simple and effective social media strategy.
The course will teach you:
- How to use Twitter and a Facebook page to build awareness for your cause and attract more people to your community.
- How to use a Facebook group to foster community among your fans and followers.
- How to optimize your social media posts to expand your mailing list and raise more money.
- How to be time efficient using tools like Hootesuite and Bufferapp.
The course can be completed in less than one hour and will leave you with clear and actionable tactics to execute.
Who this course is for:
- This course is designed for busy people who work or volunteer for a small nonprofit and have responsibility for social media. The course assumes that your nonprofit has a only a small budget to support you.
Devin is a bestselling author. He calls himself a champion of social good. Drawing on more than 1,200 interviews with changemakers, he loves to share stories of their “superpowers for good.” As a Forbes contributor, with over 500 bylines and over two million unique readers, he became a recognized name in the social impact arena. His podcast, featuring celebrities, CEOs, billionaires, entrepreneurs—including Bill Gates—and others who are out to change the world, gave him a recognizable face as well.
His books, focusing on helping readers do more good in the world, have been read over 1 million times!
He has helped nonprofits raise millions of dollars via crowdfunding. He twice hosted a 24-hour livestream via YouTube on #GivingTuesday, featuring more than 90 interviews with nonprofit leaders.
Previously, Devin served as the CFO of the third-largest company on the 2009 Inc. 500 list. He also founded and led a FINRA-registered investment bank. After completing a degree in finance at the University of Utah, he earned an MBA from Cornell University.
Having lived on three continents and visited over 40 countries on six continents and with guests from around the world on his show, Devin brings a global perspective on purpose-driven leadership to international audiences–from the UN to Nepal–empowering them to do more good and make their mark on the world. These lessons also enable them to change their personal lives and to drive positive change within their organizations.
Today, Devin channels the idealism of his youth, volunteering whenever and wherever he can, with the loving support of his wife, Gail. Their son, Dayton, works in San Francisco. Frequently finding himself on airplanes, Devin is glad to be middle-seat-sized.