Social Media Ethics
- No prior knowledge of social media ethics is required.
Social media ethics training course explains the requirements of the law, how ethics policy applies to social networking and how to engage in ethical conversations on social networks.
Promote ethical conduct online in this self-paced employee training on social media ethics. Certify employees and professionals to use social media effectively while enhancing ethics and compliance. This course is appropriate for anyone who wants to learn to use social media for business without violating Federal, State and local rules and regulations.
Covers liability for unethical behavior, how the National Labor Relations Act governs social media use at work, professional netiquette standards, rules concerning work related social media use on personal vs. branded social networking accounts, how to avoid provoking defamation, discrimination and harassment claims on social networks, the risks associated with confidentiality and confidential sources and much more.
- This course for anyone who wants to learn ethical behavior on social networks.
- Overview to Social Media Ethics02:29
- Introduction: What to Expect from this Course01:59
- Why Social Media is Different01:58
- Understanding Agency Law02:28
- The National Labor Relations Act (NLRA)02:24
- Distinguishing Public from Private Information05:18
- Good Netiquette03:05
- Understanding Defamation06:49
- Understanding Discrimination and Harassment03:48
- Risks of Working with Confidential Sources01:32
- Conclusion and Next Steps00:54
I am a digital transformation advisor and digital marketing consultant.
I help clients grow revenue online through B2B growth marketing initiatives using my own, proprietary organic growth framework.
I led the center for digital innovation at Howard Industries, a $1B B2B, launched 2 SaaS start-ups and did integrated marketing for entertainment, media and tech clients at one the world's largest PR Agencies.
I’m a best-selling author of Social Marketing to the Business Customer. Some of the organizations I've advised are Boeing, Cirque du Soleil, City National Bank, Hard Rock Casinos, Johnson & Johnson, Korn Ferry, Lucasfilm, US Dept. of Defense, US Dept. of State, Inter American Development Bank.
My complete library of self-paced, online digital marketing, compliance and security training courses have been taken by nearly a quarter million people worldwide on Udemy and at my own website.
Google "social media training" to find my additional courses.