Social And Emotional Part 3- Verbal/NonVerbal Communication
- A curiosity about us humans...
The manner in which you say something could be the factor that determines what the listener hears. It is important to be aware of your emotions, body language, tone, speed, and pitch when you speak. It may sound like a lot of work and until it becomes second nature, it may be, but consistently doing so can produce a favorable outcome. It is possible to send the wrong message without intentionally doing it, so be careful. An innocent request such as ‘Please shred that document’ can sound like a rude command.
Who this course is for:
- Open to all students - regardless of current sphere of influence.
- 03:04Introduction to PART 3 Four Skills in Emotional Intelligence
- 02:36How to Accurately Perceive Emotions
- 02:49Use Emotions to Facilitate Thinking
- 01:50How to Manage Emotions
- 01:17Verbal Communication Skills
- 14:45Conversation Skills
- 04:24Conversation Skills VIDEO
- 03:41Focused Listening
- 03:44Asking Questions
- 02:16Communicating with Flexibility and Authenticity
- 01:14Non-Verbal Communication Skills
- 01:23Secrets Of Body Language
- 01:24Secrets Of Body Language VIDEO
- 03:44Actions speak louder than words
- 9 questionsPart 3 - Verbal/Non Verbal Quiz
- 01:35Para Verbal Video - Not What You Say, It’s How You Say It
- 10 questionsQUIZ FOR PART 3
Great Leaders Build Great Organizations. Dr Tina supports great organizations’ who believe in their future and make investments in their people. As an Executive Leadership Consultant Dr. Martina Carroll-Garrison (Dr. Tina) has experienced this axiom firsthand, when she previously served as a civilian leader within the U.S. Department of Army. Throughout her federal career, these great organizations invested in Dr Tina’s professional development, initially as an engineer and program manager, and subsequently as a senior organizational leader. After which she pivoted her work life and began sharing her expertise, insights, and passion as a transformative work-life consultant and leadership coach. Since 2014, Dr Tina has served as a leadership coach, facilitator, and strategist in support of a variety of clients and works primarily with STEM professionals from forward thinking organizations towards developing leaders, managers, and influencers with phenomenal people skills. Dr Tina supports great organizations’ who believe in their future and make investments in their people.