Soap Making 101 with the cold method
What you'll learn
- How to make soap bars with the cold method
- Basic knowledge about the ingredients
- How to use wisely sodium hydroxide in soap making
- Technical knowledge about soap production, lye discount and superfat
- How to measure mold volume and the total amount of fats to use
- Formulate a soap recipe from scratch
- Characteristics of oils and butters and how their affect the properties of the soap
- Learn about the ingredients (fats, lye, water) and how they take part to the reaction
- There are no prerequisites for starting the course
Learn how to make soap at home, it's a fun hobby that can sometimes turn into a business!
This comprehensive course, "soap making 101 with the cold method", will help you create your own homemade soap from scratch thanks to the theoretical and practical knowledge you will learn.
You will no longer have to waste time looking for the right information or fancy recipes to follow. With the right knowledge, you will be able to formulate your soap using the ingredients you prefer in total respect to the production criteria.
In this course, the main aspects of soap production with the cold method will be explained. We will start with a short introduction about soap and saponification using my chemical knowledge to go deeper into these topics. We will analyse what is the chemical mechanism that leads to the formation of soap, discovering the role of the three main ingredients in the production of soap with the cold method. A quick overview of the optional ingredients, which can help us in the customization of our soaps. We will then move on to the technical aspects of the process understand what caustic soda discount means.
Finally, the tutorial will help to clear up any doubts and put the newly acquired knowledge into practice. Start creating your soap today! Start from the basics to become a master!
Who this course is for:
- Anyone interested in soap making for personal use
- Anyone interested in starting a soap making business
- Anyone passioned for DIY
- Anyone that want to adopt a more sustainable lifestyle
- Anyone who wants to switch to natural living
- Anyone interested in DIY soap making as simply a hobby
Hi, I'm Gabi. I'm a doctor in chemistry and content creator. Thanks to my scientific knowledge I became passionate about self-producing of homemade products. Since five years, I started to make my own soaps, skincare products, candles and much more. I used my knowledge of chemistry to go deeper into every subject and I discovered how fun and rewarding this hobby is. I decided to share what I learned with simple courses that explain what is behind the use of each ingredient and procedure used.