So You Want to Work in Human Resources
- 1 hour on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Learn an overview of the Human Resources function
- An in depth explanation of each HR discipline
- The skills and competencies needed to succeed within each discipline
- How the disciplines interrelate to provide effective HR consultation to the business
- How different HR careers can be found in non-traditional ways
- A few examples of successful HR people who came from other disciplines
- My advice, recommendations and strategies for how to "get into" HR
- Have a basic level understanding of business and a desire to learn about how HR works
If you are interested in working in the fascinating and lucrative department of Human Resources, than this is the course for you!
In this class I cover what HR is, how it's changed, and a deep dive into each of the major disciplines, the competencies and skills needed, as well as what career paths could look like.
I also talk about the ways people can get into HR, as well as analyzing and my recommendations on how to take advantage of critical opportunity points.
- HR students
- People who work in HR but want to move disciplines
- Business people who are interested in working within HR
- Entry level employees who are curious about the HR function
This is an introduction to Human Resources, my experience, and the agenda for the class
An overview of the Benefits department and possible career paths