Fundamentals of Residential Property Management
What you'll learn
- 1. Understand the leasing process from showing the apartment to a resident moving in.
- 2. Understand the importance of preventative maintenance and handling ongoing maintenance requests.
- 3. Establish a foundation of policies and procedures to help manage property operations, residents and maintenance.
- 4. Understand the concept of Fair Housing Laws and how they affect the way you manage a property.
- 5. Develop the ability to manage and set goals for the various departments of property operations.
- 6. Understand the importance of service excellence in a property management career, business or operations of a property as a landlord.
- Interest in property management as a career or business
- Eagerness to learn
The "Fundamentals of Residential Property Management" course is a peek into the world of property management. The course will specifically dive into residential property management and the various aspects of running an apartment complex or rental property as a property manager, landlord or for someone interested in starting a residential property management business.
Who this course is for:
- Those interested in starting a property management career
- Those interested in starting a property management business
- Property managers
- Real estate agents
I am a wife and mother of 3 based in Southern California with a professional and educational background in Hotel Management. I utilized my background and experience in hospitality to transition into property management. I worked for 6 years managing apartment communities between 100-150 units as my specialty. My foundation in hospitality allowed me to succeed in property management as a property manager, with a high service background.
I have worked in hospitality and property management markets in Las Vegas, New York City, Connecticut and Southern California.
I enjoy traveling, spending time with family, sports, reading and entrepreneurship!