We see the moon in the sky every night, but how well do we know her? Did you know that someday you could look up and never see the moon? Did you know some astronauts volunteered to go and never come back? Explore the many ways the moon affects the Earth and its people. You’ll never see the moon the same again.
This Course Includes a Great Bonus Lesson: What on Earth is Astronomy?
1. Will we ever go back to the Moon? Learn what we are planning
2. Did you know the next Space Station will orbit the Moon?
3. Why did we stop going to the Moon?
4. The Moon’s effect on people, the Earth and its oceans
5. Overview of atmospheres
7. The Moon’s size as compared to the Earth’s
8. Manned missions to the Moon: dangers, political implications, preparations, the flight and the aftermath
9. The Moon’s weather
10. What we left on the Moon
11. Who will go to the Moon next?
12. Lunar effects: large harvest moons, moon halos, moon dogs, earthshine
13. Lunar eclipses
14. Overview of transits
15. Overview of occultations
16. Moon phases and orbit
17. Our future on the Moon – Project Artemis
Your Instructor Tony Ceraso is the creator of the popular Home School Astronomy curriculum. He has a Master’s Degree in Education and has written astronomy curriculum for NASA and the National Air and Space Museum in Washington, DC where he helps run the planetarium.
He teaches at Camden County College and has presented astronomy material in hundreds of venues across the United States.