Snake Awareness and Identification Course
What you'll learn
- Gain more knowledge and insight about snakes.
- Learn how snakes are classified in their families and genus and their biology.
- Snakes around the house, and their attraction to your home or environment.
- The role of snakes in the environment
- An interest and passion for snakes, Health and safety concerns at a business or at home.
- A need for endorsed and certified training on snakes.
The Snake Awareness Online Course is designed to provide participants with a comprehensive understanding of snakes and their behavior. This course is ideal for anyone who spends time in outdoor environments where snakes may be present, such as hikers, campers, or outdoor enthusiasts, medical professionals and field guides.
Throughout this interactive course, you will gain valuable knowledge on a wide range of topics, including snake identification, biology, behavior, and more. after completing this course you will be equipped with the skills and understanding to safely navigate your encounters with snakes in the wild or even in your own backyard.
• You will learn about why snakes are important in the environment and eco system.
• Snakes around the home or business.
• Snake identification between non venomous and venomous snakes
• Debunk common snake myths and misconceptions, fostering a greater appreciation for these extraordinary reptiles.
• Snake habitat and distribution
• Snake Identification in their respected families and genus.
• Different types of venom and how they affect the body.
• First aid for snake bite and snake bite treatment.
Throughout the course, you'll engage with informative videos, quizzes, and interactive activities that will reinforce your learning and help you become a confident and responsible advocate for snake awareness.
Who this course is for:
- People who want to learn more about snakes, Enthusiasts, Medical Professionals, Field Guides
Your course leader is Mike Perry, owner of African Reptiles & Venom. Mike has been catching snakes since 1965, has personally experienced 3 snakebites, (puff adder 1971, Rinkhals 1972, Forest cobra 2010) has suffered anaphylaxis after antivenom administration, and has assisted and trained medical doctors on snakebite treatment & has trained many people how to correctly treat snakebite and safely handle snakes, and is a professional extractor of venom from snakes for antivenom manufacturer SAVP (Pty) Ltd the SA Lab that manufactures our antivenom. You will learn from the 52 years of experience and professional snake catching that Mike can offer. Mike has recently published a guide on dangerous snakes found in Southern Africa, so is also a published author.