Smarter Homes: Home Automation with Apple HomeKit
What you'll learn
- In this course, you'll learn the basics of home automation using Apple's HomeKit framework. When you're finished you'll have the knowledge and skills to make your home a little/lot smarter and make your life a little bit easier.
- You'll learn to design your Apple HomeKit driven smart home. Setting the right foundation at the beginning to make it easy to add on pieces as your budget and desires allow.
- You should be able to use a iPhone or iPad at a beginner level.
- You should be able to plug in a device into an electrical socket.
- You should be able to change batteries of small electronics ( AA or AAA )
SmartHomes are no longer just for the tech elite. They aren't for rich home owners or for just the technical wizards. SmartHomes are here today and Apple HomeKit has made it easier for all of us to make our lives just a little bit easier.
Who can benefit from HomeAutomation today:
- Parents who's kids leave the lights on
- Airbnb owners who don't want to give out physical keys
- Realtors who want to give their properties that edge to sell just a little faster
- Anyone who wants to make their lives just a little bit easier.
In this course, you'll learn how to start automating your home based around the Apple homeKit ecosystem of products.
- What is Apple HomeKit?
- What do you need to get started?
- Setting up your first Apple Home
- Working with the three basic HomeKit accessories
- Setting up some automations and triggers
We'll compare some products on the market. Help you chose what's right for you and give you some ideas on how to make the most of your investments.
We'll cover homekit accessories partners such as
- Philipps Hue
- and more!
For those of you who want to know more, I'll also include some advanced topics which will be CLEARLY marked such as
- Developer Kits
- Communications protocols
- Signal Repeaters
- and others
Remember these advanced topics are NOT required for you to get started! Feel free to skip any of these that you're not interested in.
I can't wait for you to join me in making your house a smart home.
Who this course is for:
- AppleTV, Apple iPad, Apple iPhone, Apple Watch. If you own 2 or more of these products and have an interest in making your home a little bit easier to live in, then this course is for you!
- Are you constantly nagging your kids to turn the lights off?
- Do you care about the environment or just want to get a little bit smarter about where your money is going?
- Curious about Home Automation.
- Realtor's who want to give their properties that edge to help them sell just a little bit faster.
- Too lazy to turn the lights on yourself
Christopher Young has been working in IT since he was a wee lad. A networking and automation specialist by trade, he's made a career of explaining complicated technology in simple terms. He's also an Apple fan, a father of 3, and the owner of a mortgage on a house that gets smarter every day. At last count, his house had 104 Smart Devices and is growing on a monthly basis. You can follow him on twitter or check out his blog see the latest projects he's working on.