Small Group Leadership
- The only thing that you will need is your favorite Bible and a readiness to learn. If you do not have a Bible, go to www.blueletterbible.com where you can view many different Bible versions for free!
Clear River Biblical Studies brings you cutting edge curriculum enabling you to launch, connect, protect, and grow your next small group while expanding your churches attendance through exponential growth. Whether you have never led a small group or are the small groups coordinator at your church, this course is for you. While using models and methods currently taught at the graduate level in Seminaries, your instructor breaks down the content in clear, concise, and easy to understand terms so that you can have a full understanding of the concepts you need to holistically launch and grow your next small group.
You will not only gain access to high definition video content, but also receive a proprietary eBook that goes along with the course lectures. The curriculum is broken up in three sections—Connection, Protection, and Growth. In each section, enabling skill-sets are taught so that you will be able to connect individuals together, foster a protective environment in which people can be open and honest without fear, and finally, propel your members in next RIGHT steps towards Jesus. So many small group members are either never challenged to grow in their relationship with Christ, or worse, pushed to far to quickly, thus ending in attrition of the member. This course will teach you how to plan a person's next RIGHT step, ensuring that they are challenged in a way that will carry them along in relationship rather than pushing them out the door. Enabling you to avoid these pitfalls, models are introduced such as Bruce Tuckman's 5 Stages of Team Development, Putnam and Harrington's SCMD model (Share, Connect, Minister, and Disciple) as well as their 5 Stages of Discipleship model.
This course reflects hours of research at the graduate level and will take your small group ministry to new heights. As with any Clear River Biblical Studies course, your satisfaction is guaranteed. If for any reason this course does not meet you expectations, a 30-day money back guarantee is included. Their is no risk and I encourage you to take the next step in propelling your ministry to the next level. We hope to see you in the first lecture where we give you an in-depth overview of the course material!
- This course is both for someone that has no experience hosting a small group as well as those that have. You will learn not only the basics, but advanced methods currently being taught at the graduate level! So be encouraged as we present this material in an easy to understand format that will not only advance your ability to host a group, but will also propel you into a deeper relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Course Introduction01:23
- Section One Introduction03:33
- Recruiting Members06:29
- Hosting Your First Small Group Meeting04:41
- Managing Your Teams Formation06:04
- Section One — Connection4 questions
- Section Two Introduction03:40
- The Group Covenant02:56
- Speaking Life07:24
- Prayer Guides03:11
- Section Two — Protection3 questions
- Section Three Introduction03:47
- Sharing the Gospel In Today's Culture02:46
- Facilitating a Group Conversation04:10
- Enabling Others to Discover Their Next Right Step10:48
- Counting Our Wins04:10
- Developing an Apprentice03:09
- Section Three — Protection5 questions
- Course Conclusion00:41
While active duty in the US Coast Guard, I served as an Instructional Systems Designer and specialized in using the ADDIE model. After retiring, I decided to use my GI bill in pursuit of a biblical education and serve the church both locally and abroad. Since then, I have completed a Bachelor of Science in Religion from Liberty University (Magna Cum Laude) and am now a M.Div. candidate at Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary. In addition, I partnered with a new church plant as the Small Groups Pastor in 2015. While in this position, I designed, developed, and implemented a small groups ministry from the ground up, which is still going strong! In order to reach the church abroad, I create and present engaging content through the Udemy platform that will equip the church in ministry.