Small Business Success: Startup to Sale.
- 3 hours on-demand video
- 5 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- At the end of my course, students will be able to run their businesses more effectively, deal with their employees, improve their sales and marketing and manage it on a day to day basis in a more hands off manner.
- There are no pre-requisite requirements to take this course. Students simply need access to Word and Excel in order to make use of the supplementary materials.
Course up to date as of September 2016
Are you about to start your new small business?
Have you started a new business in the last twelve months?
Has your business gone stale and does it need a shot in the arm?
This course will take you through all aspects of starting and running a small business, from the very beginning to selling it at the end. It is based on the tutor's 5* rated book “A Pocket Guide to Small Business Success” and is a real-world course based on 25 years' practical experience of running companies. It isn't the typical Silicon Valley “be a billionaire by Friday” course and deals with real on the ground issues faced by all normal people in normal day to day businesses.
What is included?
The course contains the following sections:
- Before you start, including initial planning and reasons for starting the business.
- Money, including what to do if you haven't got enough, where to raise it, grants and loans.
- People covers how to find the right ones, how to look after them, what not to do if they want to leave and who to take with you for the long term.
- Sales and Marketing ensures that customers know you exist, your products are profitable and that marketing cannot be ignored.
- Running it points out that you shouldn't do all of it yourself and discusses how to let go and steer the ship.
- Ongoing Strategy deals with reviewing and revising your plan every year to reach newer and higher goals, making sure you take time out to think and plan ahead.
- Selling it; how the process of selling the business at the end of your journey works.
Documents and Templates are included
The course provides template business plans and projection spreadsheets and other generic documents for the student to download for their own use.
What you will get from the course
Students will get a gentle guiding hand in the overall running and progress of their business. The tutors' book has been described as a “friendly, experienced voice whispering in your ear on each stage of your journey, reminding you of what to watch out for and giving you ideas of how to make it better along the way” and this has been brought through into the course. Access to the tutor via email and discussion is available for all students with no limit to access. This course is a good way of having a non-executive director on board without having to employ one.
- This course is intended for anyone wanting to or in the process of starting their own business, those that have started a business recently, and those who have an established business but are stuck in a rut.
Welcome to the course! Thanks for taking the time to sign up and learn how to make your small business a great success. I'm Rob England and over the last 25 years I've started 3 new businesses, sold 2 of them successfully and now help young and small businesses to thrive, prosper and grow. As you can see, I'm a normal guy providing a course for all the normal people that run their own businesses. I've included as many resources and supplementary materials as possible to help you plan and run your business, and they are available to download in the appropriate lectures.
Enjoy the course and let's get on with it!
This lesson discusses the three things that no entrepreneur can escape from; risk, responsibility and reward and ensures the student is aware of the risks and responsibilities of running a business. It also reminds the student that the rewards tend to come last, not first.
This lesson discusses the level of research required to put together a proper assessment of the market potential and a business plan. It looks at working the costs of the business and projecting what it might cost to run and whether there is enough sales potential in the products to make it viable.
This lesson amends the Profit and Loss Forecast to show how small changes can make a big difference to the funding requirements of the business. It shows why it pays to be cautious when putting together forecasts that you will rely on when running the business.
This lesson covers the knowledge and requirements needed for successfully raising capital for the business. More importantly, if the owner doesn't know the financials for the business, how can investors have any confidence in the business or the owner?
This lesson covers how to price your products and makes the point that you are rarely the customer, so don't price your product at what you think you'd pay for it, price it for what it's really worth to the customer.