Small Business Management and Marketing Essentials
What you'll learn
- Develop control points and reports to evaluate their business performance.
- Gather ideas to implement them.
- Establish business controls with or without software (all examples in the course are made with excel to simplify the process). (Create reports, establish controls, etc.)
- Make changes to help them improve and become more profitable.
- Create Budgets, control expenses.
- Develop a real cash flow month to month - compare vs. budget
- Evaluate your pricing strategy
- Establish your Gross Margin for Maximum Profits
- Evaluate your Marketing Strategy
- Develop a Marketing Strategy
- Evaluate your Team and Monitor Performance
- Get Organized
- Monitor your Business Results and Performance
- Get to know your competition
- And much more...
- Have basic knowledge of microsoft excel
Why do Small Businesses Owners have such a difficult time becoming successful?
What can we learn from the amount of failure with small business that we can apply to our own business aspirations? There are many reasons why a small company can fail, and at surface level the primary reason businesses fail is they simply run out of cash.
Or that is what many people think, but what reasons could influence a business to fail?
There may be many reasons why a Small Business can fail...and to me, the most important are:
Reason #1: They are not really in touch with customers through deep dialogue.
Reason #2: There is no no clear and real differentiation in the market (read: lack of unique value propositions)
Reason #3: The Failure to communicate value propositions in clear, concise and compelling fashion.
Reason #4: Leadership breakdown at the top (yes — founder dysfunction).
Reason #5: Inability to establish a profitable business model with adequate financial indicators. (Are you the type of owner that mixes personal and company finances?)
If you can identify with one of the reasons, I need you to ask yourself...
Even if you have a lot of experience and expertise in many areas, you can be lacking the necessary skills to run every area efficiently. You may not be able to supervise every aspect of your business and if you try to handle too many responsibilities, you can be putting growth, development and even your own company at risk.
Is your business facing challenges:
Do you have adequate financial management practices? Financial Indicators?
Do you have a business plan? A Marketing Strategy?
Do you know the industry and the market?
Are your profits at risk? Do you monitor and control your expenses?
Do you use cash flows and budgets? Does that information help you make better decisions?
How do you monitor performance? Do you have the right team to achieve your goals?
You as the leader:
Are you motivated? Organized?
Do you monitor your performance and profitability?
Are you a good leader? Do you have high personnel rotation?
Are you reaching your personal goals being a small business owner?
Is your company designed for YOUR well being? I
If you are here, you already own a small company or you are about to start your own business, either way, this course is designed to help you learn about critical topics needed to manage and succeed when you are a small business owner.
After you finish the course, it will allow you find areas where you can improve an existing business or prepare to start one the right way. Understand that every small business, no matter the industry, has a risk of failure, and that will depend on many factors. Not only your knowledge, skill set, experience and desire, but other areas that you might not control, or are not aware how to handle. Is there a way where you can minimize that risk? Yes, you can be prepared from the beginning or have the ability to correct the course of action if you have already started.
This course will help you identify critical tasks and areas within your company that you need to evaluate. We will do exercises and tests that will allow you to learn about small business finances, being a leader, marketing, hiring the right team, be organized and help you improve the chances of your company becoming successful.
Who this course is for:
- Small business owners like:
- Restaurant owners, veterinary clinics, doctors,
- small retail stores, small apparel stores,
- companies that provide products or services to local markets.
- People who need marketing ideas for small businesses
- Business Owners that are on top of EVERY aspect of operation and need a fresh perspective.
- People who run a small business with or without the use of ERP or advanced software to assist them with Business Data and Results.
- Business Owners who are not sure of their business performance and profitability.
- Entrepreneurs who are thinking of starting their own buisiness.
- Small Business Managers
SERIAL ENTREPRENEUR AND CONSULTING FOR OVER 15 YEARS.
THAT HAS ALLOWED ME TO GAIN EXPERIENCE IN THE FOLLOWING FIELDS:
BUSINESS MANAGEMENT : Project Management, Planning and Execution, Budget Control – Financial Goals, Team Building - Cost Reduction - Process Evaluation and Improvement
LOGISTICS:Inventory Control, Supply Chain Management – Supplier Evaluation, Cost Reduction
SALES AND MARKETING:Market Development, Client Management, Marketing Campaigns (Local and Regional), Pipeline – Sales – Return on Investment
For the last 10 years I have been working with companies that range from multi national to small businesses owned and operated by individuals or small groups of people.
I have worked for others, helping them build and achieve their dreams, until i got to the point where I decided i would no longer work for anyone else, and pursue my own ideas and dreams. I have started my own companies, with partners, by myself, even purchased one. And having been fortunate enough to have failed in some and succeeded in others, I have decided to share my knowledge and experience. With small business owners who may be struggling, or simply wanting to explore options to improve; as well as other brilliant entrepreneurs that are developing their own ideas and projects to start their small business.