Small Business Incubator
What you'll learn
- Ensure consistent branding for your business
- Define who your clients are and discover where to reach them
- Create your marketing strategy so as to expand your audience
- Understand how to encourage people to sign up to your mailing list
- Grow your blog through great, highly relevant content
- Set goals, get organized and stay on track
- Maintain a positive mind set even in difficult times
- You need to have a business or be in the planning stage for one
- You need to be willing to spend time working on the three foundations of your business: your website; mailing list; and marketing
Are you ready to take your start-up idea or small business to the next level?
- Do you sometimes feel lost in a maze with your business?
- Are you just not sure how to grow your traffic to get more clients and customers?
- Do you often feel demotivated and not clear on your objectives?
- Do you struggle with organization and sometimes end the day feeling like you haven't achieved enough?
If you said yes to any of the above then you are in the right place. It's time to take control and map out a clear path for your business.
Who Is This Course For?
Anyone who runs a small business whether online or brick and mortar. It doesn't matter whether you run a handmade or creative business, are a pet sitter, restaurant owner, accountant, florist or anything in between. The key is you want to develop the marketing for your business and in the process grow your potential audience.
Why Am I Teaching This Course?
Because 5 years ago I was in the same place you are now. I was at the start of building my business and I had to design my blogs and grow traffic to them from scratch. I was also disorganized and inconsistent when it came to blogging, marketing and building a newsletter.
Unfortunately I didn't have a network around me and I would have loved someone to show me all the steps I needed to take whilst surrounded by people who were also growing their businesses.
However through a great deal of trial and error I learned all the steps necessary to bring me to the place I am now. A place where 3 years ago I was able to walk away from a corporate HR position to take my business full time. If you join me in the 'Small Business Incubator' that trial and error will be removed for you and that's why I want to share what I've learned.
I trained as a teacher, worked for 16 years as an HR Manager and I have grown my own business from scratch. I feel very fortunate because the skills and experience I learned from all three of those things now allow me to do what I love - work with individuals and small groups of people to help them make their businesses thrive.
Who this course is for:
- This is for someone in the early days of their business or for someone who is struggling to understand how their marketing strategy should all fit together
- This is not for a business with an existing large marketing team
Alison Wood is a small business online strategist who loves helping people to find a path they are passionate about and then grow that business through the power of marketing.
With a background which includes a BA in English & History, postgraduate studies in teaching and 16 years as a Human Resources Manager for a blue-chip company in the South-East of the UK, one of her passions is making learning accessible.
During the last ten years, Alison has created a number of successful websites and become adept at the design and administration of Wordpress sites. She is also knowledgeable and creative in the areas of social media, blogging, SEO, building online courses, and marketing.
Alison's aim is to help you learn from her direct experience - so that you can be up and running in your business as quickly as possible. When you learn from others, you can find shortcuts to make you much more effective - Alison is here to give you the map.