How to Start a Business - Business Entity Selection
What you'll learn
- Understand business entities
- Select the appropriate business entity for an endeavor
- Know the differences between the various business entities
- Acquire insight into the requirements of different business entities
- Gain knowledge into the risks and protections of different entity types
- Avoid costly taxation issues that can arise from incorrect entity selection
- Understand the importance of keeping separate concerns in business
- Understand the corporate veil and avoid piercing it
- Understand the nuances of a sole-proprietorship
- Understand the nuances of a partnership
- Understand the nuances of an LLC
- Understand the nuances of a Corporation & an S-Corporation
- Understand Ownership & Liability considerations
- Understand Management & Control structures
- Understand Taxes, Documents, and Capital Contributions
- The desire to start and build a successful business.
- An enthusiasm for learning and improving your life.
This is one of the most important courses you can take before starting a business.
Whether you are starting a new business or re-evaluating your current business circumstances, you may want or need a “business entity” that is separate from you in the eyes of the law.
The type of structure you choose for your business can be critical to the successful management and growth of your business and can also have important tax implications.
In this course, you will learn all about different entity types and the implications of doing business without one. You will gain a solid introduction to business entities and learn the nuances and differences among them. You will be more readily informed to discuss your needs with business associates and professionals and be equipped to more confidently choose the structure for your business.
In this course you will gain a thorough understanding about important differences in doing business under different structures, including:
limited-liability company (LLC)
corporation (c corp)
corporation with an “s” election (s corp)
This course will also introduce you to the advantages and disadvantages of the different entity types so you are more informed and empowered to readily select the entity which is correct for your situation.
This course will cover:
an introduction to business structures
the concept of a “separate and distinct” entity
the security that can be provided from a separate business entity
the risks associated with piercing the corporate veil
the structures of different “ownership and management framework”
You will also be given an extensive and thorough outline for the course and an easy to understand comparison table that shows the differences in Ownership, Liability, Management/Control, Taxes, Documents, and Capital Contributions associated with the different business structures.
In this course, you will learn:
how to create an entity
the role of the secretary of state in most states
where to go to learn about entities in your state
the importance of a trade name and how to create one
the importance of an Employer Identification Number (EIN) and how to get one
how to make an “S” election for an “S corp”
You will also be given a thorough reference of the documents needed to form a corporation and an LLC.
For many business situations, you can create and register a business entity on your own. If you understand the issues and the process you can decide whether it makes sense to consult with legal counsel for assistance. This course will prepare you to have the basic knowledge to communicate more effectively from an educated perspective and to make better decisions.
We are excited to offer this course to you and know, from our own experience, that the material in this course will be incredibly helpful and valuable to you.
We’re glad you’re here to learn this important information so let’s get started learning!
Who this course is for:
- For those new to business, this course will give you a solid foundation in business entities
- For those with business experience, this course can enhance your current business knowledge
- This course is perfect for both those new to business, and those with experience in business
Fun, Quick, & Easy
Learning can be fun, quick, and easy if you have the right teacher. I come from a family of teachers, I've taught at the college and university level for over 20 years, and I have been recognized as one of the top teachers in the California college system. I became a teacher because I love sharing knowledge and seeing how it transforms people's lives. Learning is the noblest of all endeavors. The more you learn, the more you improve your life.
Learn Quickly & Effectively
All of my courses include step-by-step tutorials and hands-on exercises. The tutorials show you what to do. The hands-on exercises allow you to practice what you have just seen. These hands-on exercises also come with all of the files you need and video solutions so that you can learn more quickly and effectively.
Great Courses for Beginners
I work with beginners all of the time. I understand how to take topics and make them easy to understand.
The Human Element
Students do better in classes where they enjoy the teacher. I am a bit goofy at times but this keeps my courses fun, interesting, and engaging. When you are learning with me, you are guaranteed to have a few laughs.
I am a tenured professor in California, an autodidact, and multidisciplinarian. I have taught at the graduate and undergraduate levels in business, information system, and computer science. I also have a lot of knowledge about mindfulness, meditation, psychology, and personal growth. I was born into a culture of mindfulness and meditation, and have been involved with mindfulness and meditation all of my life. I have authored 48 books and have experience with the publishing industry, literature, and film. As I said, I love learning and love sharing knowledge with others.
I look forward to seeing you in class!