Slide Guitar- Slide Soloing Essentials
What you'll learn
- Learn a wealth of slide guitar licks and techniques.
- Master all of the fundamental muting and vibrato techniques found in slide playing
- Learn fantastic blues slide solos in Open E and Open G tunings.
- Learn great, rock ideas in Standard tuning.
- Gain advice on which type of slide to use and how to have your guitar set up for slide playing.
- Master great chord ideas, using the slide.
- Learn hammer-ons and harmonica-like rolls using the slide.
- Discover slide guitar tricks, such as wild, tapped-harmonic slide ideas.
- Incorporate all of these techniques and licks into your own guitar solos and compositions.
- Play along with our downloadable backing tracks.
- All you will need in order to begin is an electric guitar, an amplifier and a slide, made from either brass or glass. You can purchase slides from your nearest music retailer.
- We do however recommend taking our Complete Foundation Course which will give you the skills to tackle this course.
In this series of lessons, top UK session guitarists, Bobby Harrison and Nick Radcliffe introduce you to a wealth of slide guitar licks and techniques. You’ll learn all the fundamental muting and vibrato techniques found in slide playing, as well as some bluesy solos in Open E and Open G tunings, plus some great, rockier ideas in Standard tuning.
As well as providing you with advice on which type of slide to use, how to have your guitar set up for slide playing and teaching you an arsenal of slide licks, Bobby and Nick break down entire blues solos, further increasing your slide guitar vocabulary. Additionally, you’ll learn some great chord ideas, hammer-ons and harmonica-like rolls using the slide, as well as some wild, tapped-harmonic slide ideas.
This course is a must for anybody looking to add slide playing to their list of guitar skills.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for anybody looking to add slide guitar to their playing. We begin with the absolute basics of the slide guitar. However, some prior knowledge of regular guitar playing is highly recommended.
FretHub is a fresh and comprehensive collection of online guitar lessons, offering hundreds of hours of video tuition, from two highly qualified and respected teachers with over 50 years of combined professional experience.
As session guitarists, between us, we have played alongside artists such as Queen's Brian May, Alice Cooper, Cliff Richard, Olivia Newton-John, Tony Hadley and Gabrielle. As tutors, we have taught thousands of students worldwide.
Our guitar lessons are taught in a down-to-earth manner and presented in a logical and progressive order, providing the consistency and familiarity you get from taking guitar lessons with a private tutor.
Our aim is to give you a solid foundation and equip you with the necessary tools to learn, recognise and employ the guitar techniques and tricks that are used in the making of the music you love.
From beginners through to advanced players, FretHub has everything you need to help you become the guitarist you've always wanted to be.
To tab or not to tab...that is a question! When we started FretHub, we opted not to provide tab in favour of breaking everything down very thoroughly in a note-for-note fashion. This is how we learned to play and we feel that it’s ultimately an easier way of memorising and internalising ideas, visualising patterns on the neck and training the ear. Our method is traditional guitar teaching, much like having an instructor sitting right in front of you, rather than creating a disconnect by playing a lick or phrase once, before referring you to the tab. As both of us have reached the highest level within our industry without the aid of tab (which didn't even exist when we were learning), we feel we are the best equipped and most qualified to provide our solid and successful teaching method. Many members of our website now play in bands, having never played before they joined FretHub.
We sincerely hope you enjoy our courses as much as we did making them.