What you'll learn
- Employ the professional skills required in the Esthetic industry
- Identify the verbal and non verbal communication skills needed in dealing with clients
- Explain the normal functions of the skin through PHASES
- Examine the 3 layers of the skin
- Recognize the responsibilities each layer of the skin performs
- Observe cleansing and exfoliation techniques and explain the importance of each step
- Develop massage techniques that aid in maintaining elasticity and strength within our skin
- Discuss the importance of professional products and treatments
- Able to read and go through presentation
This course starts with the professionalism and client selection in the esthetic industry. The course goes through the layers of the skin and their functions. Analyzing the skin aids in providing a preventative approach to skin care. Studying the internal and external effects on the skin will lead to how to care for the skin. The course touches on practical cleansing and exfoliating techniques as well as massage movements that assist in maintaining the structure of healthy skin and work towards repair of skin abnormalities. The use of professional products can
Who this course is for:
- Beginner students who are interested in learning about the skin and basic techniques
- Graduates who are eager to continue their studies and looking for ongoing training
- Estheticians in the industry requiring growth and development
Dara is an ambitious, hard working, organized person with a passion for teaching others and providing them with knowledge to enjoy a progressive career in the Esthetic industry. A graduate of Durham College for Business and Seneca College in Esthetics, Dara has grown both personally and professionally.
As a Cidesco diplomat, Dara is recognized worldwide with the highest certification in the Esthetic industry.
As an expert in her field she enjoys a career from providing clients with top of the line services in her own business, to assisting and managing the growth of new spa openings, and consulting in the industry through business and higher education. Her expertise has increased the demand for her knowledge throughout Canada and the U.S.
Dara continues to develop both professionally and personally by staying involved with community and developmental programs to enhance her education.