Skills Upgrade: Teach Business English (Language Teaching)
What you'll learn
- You will know what to expect in terms of students and the teacher's role in English for Business Purposes (EBP) contexts.
- You will learn how to conduct a Needs Assessment and use it to inform your Course Design.
- You will learn how to place students and how to assess their progress.
- You will have an understanding of the kinds of materials used in EBP.
- You will have an understanding of facilitation in the EBP classroom.
- You will learn how to give useful feedback to your EBP students.
- You will know the basics of teaching EBP Speaking Skills: Socializing, Meetings/Negotiations, and Presentations.
- You will have an understanding of how to assist students with written correspondence used in EBP contexts.
- Some experience teaching ESL or EFL
******UPDATE: All supplemental files are now available as a single PDF in the first lecture.*******
This course will provide you with all you need to know to get started teaching Business English. If you are a teacher new to teaching business English; an experienced teacher looking for professional development opportunities; an MA TESOL student wanting to learn about this branch of ELT; a program coordinator at a TESOL Certificate program; or even an Advanced-Level Business English student; you will find this course useful.
You will learn the basics of course design and assessment, as well as foundations for teaching English for Business Purposes (EBP) that will improve your teaching skills in any teaching situation.
Each lecture includes additional materials which you can use in your own classroom or as professional development.
Start learning today -- earn higher teaching evaluations and gain a reputation as a professional teacher. If you follow the principles outlined in this course, you will be ahead of 95% of other teachers.
What students are saying about "Skills Upgrade: Teach Business English:"
“Greatly structured course."
“It will enhance your knowledge and career in teaching English!"
“During the course, I began to feel much more confident that I could successfully teach a Business English course."
Enroll NOW and take your teaching to new heights!
Who this course is for:
- ESL or EFL Teachers who are new to teaching Business English
- Advanced English Language Learners who would like to get a general overview of the field of Business English
ELT Online provides quality professional development opportunities to those in the field of English Language Teaching; as well as high-quality training for English Language Learners, and general Business Management Skills.
The instructor, Joshua Durey, has been in the fields of Education and Management for 20 years. He has a proven track record of helping individuals and teams improve their communication, leadership, and problem-solving abilities.
Whether you are an individual looking to improve your language skills or a team seeking to enhance your workplace effectiveness, Joshua has the expertise to help you achieve your goals.