SketchUp, Getting started: Basic exercises
- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 1 article
- 1 downloadable resource
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Basics for SketchUp.
- Fundamentals and concepts for modeling in SketchUp
- Line work, surface creation and methods, scene setup and image export.
- Hardware: Working Windows PC, 3 button mouse with scroll wheel, keyboard. Software: SketchUp 2018-19.
- To follow along you can download SketchUp Make 2017 for free, see preview lectures.
- Come with an open and ready to-go mindset!
This course is for beginners and those interested in SketchUp.
SketchUp is a computer-aided design program best known for ease of use and short learning curve. Architects, Interior designers, engineers and many other professionals and the DIYer can get up to speed in generating 3D items and presentations fast.
Using a simple walk through exercise we will cover the following to learn the basics...
Downloading SketchUp for FREE / Selecting which SketchUp license to purchase
Selecting a start-up template
Identifying the different parts of the user interface and tools
Drawing lines and 2D shapes to scale
Working with SketchUp groups
Creating 3D shapes
Adding dimensions within Sketchup
Setting scenes (cameras) for export
Adding and adjusting shadows
Using SketchUp Styles
Exporting images from our model
Printing to scale with SketchUp Layout
We go from start to finish. Learning the basics for SketchUp is easy!
Get good fast, following the course exercises!
- Architecture, Interior, landscape designers and college students. New SketchUp users.
- DIY designers and tradesman.
- General: Beginner 3D modeling
- People curious about design and 3D.