Drawing and Sketching for Beginners
What you'll learn
- Draw simple objects with confidence and ease!
- Learn the 5 elements of shading
- How to sketch complicated object using simple shapes
- Understand the role of sketching in creativity and notetaking
- Learn traditional sketching techniques
- How to use sketching as a means of communication
- How to practice sketching
- Develop a sketching language that is personal to the sketcher
- No previous experience or knowledge is required
- Pencil or Pen
- Sketchbook or Paper
- If you intend to produce digital sketches then you will need a computer, a digital tablet and some photo-editing software (free software recommendations included)
-- Updated May 2020 -- (Added List of things new drawing prompts - never be stuck for something to draw!)
Have you ever wanted to learn to Draw? Perhaps you tried, but did not have the guidance necessary to progress your artwork? Maybe, you used to sketch a long time ago and now want to rebuild your skills? Or, maybe you are looking to capture visual notes? If you answered YES to any of these questions? Then come join me to learn the foundation skills needed to become a better sketcher!
Sketching for Beginners is a self paced course. Designed to guide novice students on how to get started sketching and drawing. This course starts right at the beginning. By understanding the tools and techniques needed to start drawing today. You will learn the best ways to hold your pencils? How to make different types of marks? How to simplify your images using just 5 values? And so much more. This course also contains practical exercises and demonstration lectures. Which you can follow along at your own pace, and share your final images in the Q and A section if you wish.
This courses focuses on using traditional materials, pencil and paper. We will cover how you can get by with just a single 2B pencil and regular printer paper. A cost effective way to learn this skill. Each exercise is designed to develop your own personal sketching language. How to practice sketching. How to communicate with simple drawings and sketches.
Each module builds upon the last. Accompanied with practical exercises for you to download. Each e-Book offers advice and guidance to give you a clear path to follow.
The course consists of over three hours of video content. Segmented into 25+ modules. With new lectures added each month. Plus, as a lifetime student you have the opportunity to request new topics. At no extra cost to you.
Want some feedback on your work? No problem. This course has a dedicated Q&A section where you can post your questions. Ask for some feedback. Or share your results from the course. I am active most days of the week and ALWAYS reply to questions within this course. Which we all know is vital to anyone looking to learn how to draw!
So, if you have ever wanted to learn to draw, but did not know where to begin. This course is for you. Come join this awesome group and we will begin this journey together.
Who this course is for:
- This drawing course is ideal for anyone who wishes to learn how to draw.
- This course is intended for anyone who wishes to get better at sketching and recording information graphically.
- Even if you have never picked up a pencil before, this highly structured course, can teach you the fundamentals to developing your sketching skills and developing your own sketching language
- This course may NOT be suitable for someone already versed in traditional sketching skills, or someone who has an art degree!
Hi, I’m Robin. I’m a self-taught Freelance Digital Artist and Illustrator.
I have published drawing courses, ran google hangout sketching sessions and shared tutorials through social media but what I’m best known for is running a Youtube channel where I talk about and create Concept Art, Fantasy Art and more Specifically Creature Design.
I believe drawing and illustration is a skill not a gift! Which means that anyone can learn a skill it simply takes guidance, perseverance and a little patience. We are all artists with our own visions to share. And as we go through life we are touched and shaped by many experiences. It is this unique path that each of us follows which makes creating unique and original art so compelling.
It’s never to late to pick up a pencil and start learning, so I invite you to check out my YouTube Channel, my Website and my Courses here on Udemy to learn more about me and the art that I create.
I look forwards to helping you realize the visions in your imagination!