Sketching for Animators Who Can’t Draw
- 2.5 hours on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Draw anything you want by using sketching techniques
- Copy and duplicate any drawing using a technique of measuring proportions
- Perfect your drawing skills by doing drawing exercises
- Sketch original characters that come to mind
- Sketch character poses in both 2D and 3D
- Sketch thumbnails for action
- Sketch hands in different positions
- You should be able to use a PC at a beginner level
- You should be familiar with downloading files
- You should be familiar with Copy, Paste and Undo functions
I’m glad you decided to learn how to sketch for animation.
To start off with this course, I would like to answer one super important question.
How good do you need to be in sketching and drawing to be able to do decent animation?
The answer is:
You have to be decent at drawing.
Notice that I didn’t say you have to be the best, or you have to be very very good, no. You just have to be decent.
How can you be decent?
With a bit of practice.
As a disclaimer, I’m not a great artist, I’m not very good at drawing myself, I’m just decent, and that’s good for animation.
You will see for yourself in the following lessons, so if you are super passionate about drawing, you have some practice and want to take your drawing skills to the next level, then I’m not your guy, and this course is not for you.
Maybe you can get some value and some useful tips, but in general this course is not directed to you.
But if you are just starting, and you are not good at drawing, then this course will definitely help you in giving you some pointers to start drawing more decently.
Inside this course, you will learn:
How to develop enough skill to draw anything you want in any style you want
The difference between drawing and sketching
- How to measure proportions
- How to duplicate references
- Ho to draw basic 2d shapes and combine them to draw what you want
- How to sketch basic 3d shapes
- How to draw perspective using vanishing points and perspective lines
- How to sketch a 3d scene
- How to sketch and design very simple characters
- How to sketch poses in 2D
- How to sketch character poses in 3D
- How to sketch thumbnails for animation
- And finally, how to draw hands.
So, if you are interested in having the knowledge to get decent drawings skills, enroll now!
- Animators who want to learn how to sketch
- Beginners with no drawing skills who want to learn some tips to draw better
In this lesson you will learn what this course is about
In this lesson you will learn about the law of 100, what it means and how you can apply it to master any style of drawing. From Anime, to Comics, to Cartoonish, to anything you want.
In this lesson you will learn the difference between sketching and drawing