- 4 hours on-demand video
- 1 article
- 4 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Yoga postures from the Sivananda Yoga sequence and lineage.
- Yogic breathing exercises for energy and calming (pranayama).
- Sivananda Yoga sequence adapted using a chair, standing and seated, as a prop to make yoga accessible (50 min class).
- Sivananda Yoga 60 min video: Sun Salutations and 12 yoga postures with guided relaxation. Filmed in Bahamas.
- 30 minute guided meditation and 20 min guided relaxation videos, for daily practice.
- The course instructor is author of Yoga for Everyone! and SunLight Chair Yoga books, and teaches Stress Management for the Ornish Heart Disease Reversal Program in N. CA.
- Taught by Stacie Dooreck, Saraswati, Certified Sivananda Yoga instructor since 1995, and Chair Yoga teacher trainer for the Bahamas and CA Sivananda Yoga Ashrams.
- Additional Chair Yoga video- 5 min for home or work
- If pregnancy, ill or injured, check with a medical practitioner before practicing this or any exercise or yoga video. Chair Yoga adaptions are demonstrated and seated Chair Yoga options in the 50 minute video.
- No. Everyone can take this course but you will need check with your doctor if you have a medical condition or injury prior and adapt poses or skip poses and exercises that are not appropriate for your condition. Make sure nothing causes pain and rest as needed. Yoga is for healing, not harming, so make sure to respect your body and adapt poses as need.
Sivananda Yoga consists of yoga poses (asanas) after warm-ups (Sun Salutations), with guided relaxation and meditation for inner peace and radiant physical health. Yoga improves flexibility, strength and, balance, increases energy and calms the mind.
This includes a video with Chair yYoga adaptions to the Sivananda Yoga sequence so that everyone can practice, whether seated or standing. Yoga is for everyone! The benefits are worth it and not just physical. Yoga helps calm the nerves, the ability to concentrate, sleep better and feel more at peace.
This also includes additional videos: a 28 minute Hatha Yoga with Gentle Yoga sequence as on cable TV and a Chair Yoga for work sequence to practice.
You can adapt poses and exercises so that all are comfortable or skip poses as you need. If you are injured, ill or pregnant, you will have to modify or check with your physician before starting this or any exercise or yoga practice.
Enjoy your journal to radiant health, more balance and inner peace!
Author Yoga for Everyone! and SunLight Chair yoga books, and leader of Sunlight Chair Yoga online teacher trainings
- Everyone! Yoga is for everyone.
- Yoga students, yoga teachers and everyone.
Welcome to Yoga for Everyone! online courses and books, with Stacie website: sunlightyoga.com
Check with your doctor before practicing inversions or yoga poses if you have any medical conditions or injuries. All yoga poses can be modified of skipped. Make sure there is no discomfort. We are all unique, so you can modify and adapt poses to your own comfort level and needs, or rest and skip poses as you need. There should be no pain in the muscles or joints or any discomfort during the yoga exercises or poses.
Disclaimer: Stacie Dooreck, SunLight Yoga and instructor on this video is not responsible for injuries sustained from practicing this video. Not all yoga poses are appropriate for everyone, so check with our doctor before practicing yoga or any exercise practice, if you have injuries, are pregnant, have an illness or are pre/post surgery.