Single Phase Mass Balance
What you'll learn
- Apply Mass Balances to Single-Phase Systems
- Solve Mass Balance Problems involving Real Gases
- Solve Mass Balance Problems involving Ideal Gases
- Solve Mass Balance Problems involving either Solids or Liquids
- Learn the different ways a Real Gas may be modeled
- Understand the Compressibility Factor "Z" and the Law of Corresponding States
- Use the Ideal Gas Law for Mass Balances
- Understand the difference between Vapor and Gas
- Identify the Critical Point in a Phase-Diagram
- Apply the Virial Equation to a Gas
- Understand the concept of Standard Conditions of Temperature and Pressure
- It is HIGHLY recommended you take the "Introduction to Mass Balance" Course
- Understand the basic concepts of mass balance
- It's also recommended that the student has already worked with Ideal Gases
- Basic Math Operations
Welcome to the Single Phase Mass Balance Course!
I designed this course is for general engineering fields. Chemical and Process Engineers will find it very relevant for their study curriculum but even Mechanical or Industrial Engineers will find it very interesting!
By the end of this course you will learn:
- The importance of Phases when Solving Mass Balance Problems
- Application of constant densities of Solid and Liquids in Chemical Proceses
- How to model Ideal Gases with the Ideal Gas Law
- Why are Standard Conditions of Temperature and Pressure used in the industry
- How to model Real Gases with the Virial Equation
- How to model Real Gases with the Z-Compressibility Factor Chart
- How to model Real Gas Mixtures with the Kay Rule
By the end of the Course you will be able to:
- Solve Mass Balance Problems of many real-life Chemical Processes involving Single-Phase Systems
- Model Ideal Gases vs. Real Gases
The course is structured as follow:
- 6 Sections of Theory and Applied Examples (Video-Based!)
- 22 Mass Balance Solved Exercises!
- 3 Quizes for Learning Review
- Support on the Discussion Board!
This is a very important Subject in Engineering and is the basis of further courses such as:
- Energy Balance and Thermodynamic
- Heat and Mass Transfer Operations and Unit Operations
- Reactor Engineering and Plant Design
I teach this course for about $400 per semester. You will get it as low as $25 for a LIFETIME!
Take the course and you will have a greater advantage than your classmates to get a better grade on your university courses!
NOTE: This is the continuation of my other course MB1: Introduction to Mass Balance. I highly recommend you take first the other course in order to get the best of this course!
The Course Curriculum may be seen below!
Who this course is for:
- This course is recommended for process engineers, chemical engineers, and even mechanical or industrial engineers
- Any engineering field within the study of Gas Modelation (Ideal and Real Gases)
Hi there, I'm Emmanuel Ortega, aka Chemical Engineering Guy...
I've been in the Chemical Industry for about 3 years. I love applying all my knowledge learned in University to the Daily Engineering Life. From working in a Petrochemical Plant as a Process Plant Designer to working with textile material from Polyester Yarns; I could teach you a lot of how it is important to learn the Engineering subjects!
- Chemical Process Design
- Plant Design
- Heat Transfer Operations and Equipment Design
- Industrial Polyester Yarn
- Online Tutoring
Right now I'm preparing online material for Engineers all over the world. I have a dream in which online education will break all barriers and let Engineers all over the world learn easier and faster! Please join me in my quest!
The Courses I design are entirely dynamic. You will see theory and then apply it ASAP to a real life problem! I even use the books you are using right now in your engineering courses...
Hope to see you in any of the Courses I'm offering!