Single&Multiplayer online game development Webgl's BabylonJs
- 10 hours on-demand video
- 3 articles
- 1 downloadable resource
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Understand and use the very nice game engine ( BabylonJs ) to create 3D online games (single-player and multi-player)
- Learn NodeJs and Socket-io communication library
- Be familiar with basic object oriented programming concepts (classes, member functions, etc)
- Be slightly familiar with basic web development components like basic html and the client server model
Welcome to The Extensive Webgl Series - Part II - Single And Multiplayer Online Client-Server 3D Game Development Using WebGL's BabylonJs.
This is the second course in my extensive webgl series. While watching the first course first is recommended, it is not a strict prerequisite for this second course.
The course is divided into two main sections : The Single-player section, and the Multi-player section.
In The single-player section you will learn the following :
- How to create your first scene using BabylonJs.
- How to apply materials and lights to your scene.
- How to use different types of cameras in your scene.
- How to create and navigate a vehicle using WASD keys.
- How to import models into your game and clone them.
- How to detect and handle collisions in your game.
- How to apply physics simulations to your object.
- How to fire rays.
- How to use particle systems
- How to create a complete FPS (First Person Shooter) Game from scratch, step by step.
- How to load sounds to your game.
- How to use multiple cameras and multiple view ports to see multiple areas of your game at the same time.
- How to create multiple levels inside your game.
- How to deploy your game to a remote server.
- And much more...
In the multiplayer section you will learn the following :
- How to use NodeJs and its node package manager (npm) to create a web server.
- What are websockets and how to use the popular socket-io library.
- How to create an interactive client-server multiplayer game using node and socket-io.
- How to deploy the multiplayer game to a remote server.
- People interested in creating online 3D games on the web, both single-player and multi-player games