SINGING SIMPLIFIED #2: Greater Range, Power and Control
- 3.5 hours on-demand video
- 2 articles
- 84 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- You'll be able to sing even higher than you did before this course - with less strain and more power.
- You'll learn to sing more dynamically, and how to manipulate your voice to sing in different styles of music.
- You'll sing more comfortably with even better technique - saving your voice from future damage.
- You'll be able to sing ALL of the vowel sounds with much more control, consistency, and better overall tone.
- You'll be able to sing with MORE EMOTION and confidence when singing songs.
- You'll have an excellent understanding of how to use your voice, so you can continue to improve after you've completed the course.
- It's recommended that you take Singing Simplified #1 first, OR at least have a little singing experience.
- You do NOT need to know how to read music or play an instrument.
- All you need is a normal, healthy speaking voice. If you can speak, you can sing!
SINGING SIMPLIFIED #2 is the perfect next step for those of you looking to improve every aspect of your singing voice.
We'll work on: Advanced Breathing techniques (Breath Control), Diaphragm Strengthening, Tongue Position for ALL of the vowel sounds, how to sing in different Vocal Styles, Vocal Runs, how to tackle difficult consonants and vowels in the lyrics when Singing Songs, more on Mix Voice, more on Falsetto Voice, how to blend your Registers... and much more! And of course, we'll continue to have FUN with all of it!
The course includes:
- 1 video lesson per day, 6 days a week, for 8 weeks. Over 3.5 HOURS of high resolution singing lessons!
- A FREE PERSONALIZED VOCAL ASSESSMENT FROM ME
- 75 Vocal Exercises (Mp3's) you can download to practice your lessons anywhere!
- Downloadable PDF: A 34-page Workbook that reviews each video lesson and the exercises from each lesson. An extremely helpful companion throughout the course.
- Downloadable PDF: "Helpful Practicing Tips" that'll help you immensely with your practice!
Also, we're going to continue to train your brain as well. Your mindset and your emotions are so very important when it comes to singing. You'll learn even more about how to let stress and fear fall to the wayside, and focus on the emotion of the song.
This is the perfect course for SEMI-BEGINNERS, to MORE ADVANCED singers who feel they still have room to grow and improve their voices. If your goal is to sing Pop, Rock, Country, Blues, R&B, Indie, Alternative... any popular style of music, this course is a great match for you! (FYI: The Singing Simplified method is NOT for Classical or Operatic singing. Those styles are quite different in their technique.)
- Semi-beginners to Advanced singers who want to improve their technique singing Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, etc...
- Anyone who wants to increase their range, and gain more strength, control, and confidence in their voice.
- Anyone who is still intimidated by the idea of singing and wants to take the fear out it for good.
- Anyone who feels they are "caged-in" by their current technique and have trouble singing emotionally.
- Anyone who wants to find more joy in their singing.
This lesson is about improving your breath control, so you can sing much longer on one breath!
Having trouble singing a certain part of a song? Maybe you think the note is just too high for you? Actually, often the issue is not the note itself, but the difficulty of the lyric. i.e. the vowel or the consonant sound in that specific lyric. Here’s a great trick to help!
Here’s our first Micro Song! The lyrics are: Baby if I made you mine, everything would be just fine. Try singing it in the Pop Style we learned back in Lesson 5.2
In this lesson you'll learn about Breath Compression and how it helps us to avoid pushing air out too hard and upsetting the vocal cords. Pushing too much air through the cords causes them to swell and not vibrate as well. Breath compression helps us get more vocal control, stamina, and a greater vocal range!
This lesson is all about the Glottal Stop technique. Basically they are breath holds that happen by closing the vocal cords completely. Glottal stops are great for staccato singing and a cool vocal trick.
In this lesson we’re going to blend all the registers together! Chest Voice (Like your speaking voice), Mix Voice (whiney kid voice), and Falsetto Voice (after the break). We’ll be doing this using slides, which are a lot like the “Scoops” we did in Singing Simplified #1.
Vocal Licks / Vocal Riffs / Vocal Runs – they are all the same thing. In this lesson we’ll be practicing a couple NEW, super fun, and more challenging vocal scales. These types of vocal licks are used in all styles of music and actually come from Blues scales – like so many vocal melodies do.
If you’re considering singing professionally on any level, it’s important that you get used to taking care of your voice and your body in-between performances. Your body and your voice are so interconnected.