Simple Sicilian Cooking with Nonna Grace: Sarde a Beccafico
- 1 hour on-demand video
- 1 downloadable resource
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Prepare and cook a simple, savory and traditional Sicilian dish called Sarde a Beccafico
- Know the story behind the dish
- Acquire a brief history of the beautiful Italian island of Sicily, where the dish was born
- Know a bit about the Sicilian city of Bagheria, where the dish was prepared for this course
- Pick up some Italian and Sicilian phrases along the way
- You should have, at minimum, basic cooking experience and kitchenware
- Ideally, if the course can be viewed simultanously while preparing and cooking the dish, it should make for an easier learning experience
- Like sardines or are curious to try them in a deliciously new way
This is not your ordinary cooking course! This course is for those who have fun in the kitchen, love Italian food, and enjoy diving deeper into learning traditional dishes in simple, new and engaging ways. What will be shown is the preparation and cooking of a Sicilian dish called Sarde a Beccafico--stuffed sardines. You don't like sardines!? This dish is a great way to try them for the first time--it's so tasty, it'll convert you.
What makes this different than an ordinary cooking course is that you will also learn about the history of the dish, about its birthplace, the Italian island of Sicily and the Sicilian city of Bagheria where the dish was prepared and cooked specifically for this course. Also throughout the lessons, you will learn Italian and Sicilian words and phrases. The course is visual, informative and hands on--The best way to learn is to watch and do as Nonna Grace does.
- This course is designed for those that are passionate about learning new things, love food, especially Italian food, prepared in unique ways. This course is designed for open, curious and courageous cooks--cooks that cook often AND for those that cook very little. It is designed for visual and kinesthetic learners--it's a watch and do video--only ingredients are listed. This course is designed to watch fully first and then prepare and cook as you watch again. It is a course for those who enjoy the art of cooking but don't take it or themselves too seriously--they have fun in the kitchen-- and have a desire to explore deeper into new things. If you enjoy history, travel, food, and all things Italian, this course is for you!
Learn a bit more about the sardine, test your general fish knowledge and learn some Italian phrases