Simple Game Ready Asset Creation in 3D Coat
What you'll learn
- Asset planning
- Blocking out forms
- Sculpting details
- UV unwrapping
- Baking textures
- Exporting assets
- Importing into a game engine
- A working knowledge of 3D Coat (Feel free to take my Introduction to 3D Coat course, but that is not required)
- At least a demo copy of 3D Coat
- At least the free version of UDK (E.g. UDK 3)
- Unity (Free or pro)
- Basic understanding of 3D modeling concepts (E.g. UVs, polygons, textures, normal maps, etc.)
- Computer with an internet connection and that can play video/audio
Don't get lost in videos that try to cover too much and lose focus! This course will demonstrate how to create a simple game-ready asset with 3D Coat. Students will learn to create the asset from scratch that can be used in various game engines. The process will entail planning, blocking out forms, sculpting details, retopology, UV unwrapping, projection, painting and baking textures, exporting the asset, and then importing the asset into a couple of popular game engines (E.g. UDK and Unity). As a bonus, I've also included a short video covering how to bring the asset into Marmoset for easier creation of beauty shots.
Who this course is for:
- New users with basic 3D knowledge and are familiar with 3D Coat
- Intermediate users with moderate 3D knowledge and are familiar with 3D Coat
- Experienced users with expert 3D knowledge and are familiar with 3D Coat
I have been an IT professional for many years. I have also been designing and coding websites for small to medium-sized businesses. In addition, I have a degree in Game Art and Design.
I have a passion for learning, so I hope to be able to pass some of my knowledge onto others. If helping at least a few people get further in their skills, knowledge, or profession, then I've done my job. Keep learning and helping others!