Silicon Valley - A beginners guide
- Be able to understand english without subtitles
- Be interested in visiting or moving to Silicon Valley
This is a course for entrepreneurs, executives or students interested in coming or moving to Silicon Valley in the next couple of years. It is focused on understanding the culture and the business etiquette of the most innovative region in the planet throughout real advice and examples given by a successful entrepreneur who moved to the Bay Area in 2011.
Silicon Valley for beginners is a great way to save you time and money when you decide to come. The course is divided in 18 simple lectures, each one covering one specific topic such as coming to the valley as a founder or to work in a startup or large company. It also explains basic concepts that would make your life here much easier such as accountability, meritocracy, diversity and the execution mindset.
Additional links and material (such as free e-books written by the instructor) are provided in some of the lessons. The idea is that this course would serve as a reference point for beginners willing to learn more about Silicon Valley.
Who this course is for:
- Entrepreneurs, executives and students thinking about moving to Silicon Valley in the next two years.
- Anyone interested to know about how Silicon Valley thinks and operates
- This course is NOT for experienced entrepreneurs or give any specific advice on how to run a startup or get a job in the valley.
- 03:19What is Silicon Valley
- 05:40The Ecosystem
- 05:18Coming to Silicon Valley as a founder
- 04:05Coming to Silicon Valley as an executive
- 03:07Coming to Silicon Valley as a student
- 04:36The execution mindset
- 03:46Work ethic(s)
- 04:41Reputation is key
- 05:56Networking in the valley
- 03:46Is failure an option?
- 03:20Knowledge X Learning
- 02:47Let's talk about (corporate) politics
- 03:23A litigious society
- 01:53A final word
Accomplished entrepreneur with lots of international experience (US, CN, BR, MX). 6 companies in the last 20 years (2 exits, 2 lifestyles). Innovation speaker at TedX, universities, family offices and private events in 10+ countries. Startup advisor.
Author of INNOVATION² and Silicon Valley for Foreigners.
Investment Partner at Gamefounders.
As a CEO and founder of Satomi (2014) I worked on an algorithm that allowed anyone to create their own exclusive motifs and logos. Satomi was accelerated at PnP Sunnyvale.
At 2Mundos (2011) we partnered with the most powerful brands in LATAM to create social games and apps reaching more than a million users in the region.
At Zeebo (2007), I've created a wireless gaming console for emerging countries and closed many multi-million dollar content, distribution and airtime deals with some of the world's largest carriers and publishers in multiple countries. Invested by Qualcomm. Sold hundreds of thousands of consoles.
Founded the largest gaming studio, the largest gaming portal and the leading mobile publisher in Brazil.
Enjoy mentoring young entrepreneurs. Passion for education.