SikuliX - Automate Anything - Python Based Sikuli Scripting
What you'll learn
- Write SikuliX Scripts
- Write Basic Python
- Automate Daily Admin/Repetitive Tasks
- Very basic programming knowledge
This course is an introduction to SikuliX, a tool that lets you write easy scripts to automate pretty much anything you can do on your computer.
What is SikuliX?
- SikuliX automates anything you see on the screen of your desktop computer running Windows, Mac or some Linux/Unix.
- It uses image recognition to identify and control GUI components.
- Besides locating images on a screen it can also run the mouse and the keyboard to interact with the identified GUI elements
- SikuliX comes with basic text recognition that can be used to search text in images.
SikuliX supports the following as scripting languages:
- Python language level 2.7
- Ruby language level 1.9 and 2.0
- You can also use it in Java programming Java aware programming/scripting language (Jython, JRuby, Scala, Clojure, …).
We will be covering scripting SikuliX with Python in this course
Note: SikuliX is a Java application, that works on Windows XP+, Mac 10.6+ and most Linux/Unix systems. For Windows, Mac and Ubuntu 12.04+ it is complete and should normally work out of the box. For Linux/Unix systems there are a few prerequisites to be setup.
Disclaimer: I do not claim any rights to the SikuliX language, Sikuli and SikuliX IDE are properties of their respective owners. All original documentation and official information can be found at Sikuli launchpad page.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone interested in programming
- Anyone interested in learning a new - easy to use - scripting language
- Anyone who has a lot of administrative tasks that needs to get automated
Capsule Trainings started as an idea to get the most out of online courses, in the shortest time possible. What we offer is the means to achieve a good proficiency level in a certain area of your choice, in a maximum of a few of hours. Capsule Trainings are not deep dive courses that will make learn every single detail – but they should give you the gist of the topic without spending too much time.