Show Your Ink: Embracing Authentic Leadership
What you'll learn
- How to embrace authenticity in your professional life
- How to evaluate professional relationships
- How to embrace mistakes as personal growth catalysts
- How to find and develop quality feedback sources
- How to build candid and comfortable rapport with your team
- How to demonstrate gratitude effectively
- This course provides an introduction to authenticity and several related concepts that explain leadership success. No prior knowledge or experience is required.
Do you want to know the secret to getting promoted? You have to stop creating mediocre professional relationships and learn to build more productive and fulfilling relationships defined by authenticity. It’s the missing ingredient for all professionals who aspire to grow their careers. After a few promotions, everyone is competent. You need superior relationship skills to stand out, and embracing authenticity is a vital component.
In this course, I’ll share the core building blocks of authentic professional relationships. There is no fluff and filler in this course. I focus on teaching you the essential ideas and behaviors that will immediately enhance your career.
Your success starts with understanding how to be more authentic. Then we’ll cover what it means to live your values, build great rapport, focus on learning to drive your growth, how to earn respect, ways to show appreciation and gratitude, and more.
Students will learn:
1. How to begin implementing authenticity at work.
2. How to use perspective and self-awareness to define learning opportunities in mistakes.
3. How to seek feedback that matters from multiple sources.
4. How to build a new dialogue with your team defined by candor, positivity, and creativity.
5. How to effectively show others that you understand them and appreciate their contributions.
Please note: I am a world-class leadership and success expert who wants to get you moving forward quickly. Success is knowing the small number of things that, if done correctly, really drive your growth. That’s why there is no wasted time or excess hours included in any of my courses. I strictly focus on the essentials and how to act on them immediately.
My courses are different for a few very specific reasons. I hold a world-class Ph.D. in Organizational Behavior. I am a former award-winning professor who taught MBA students for over a decade. My clients include Google, IBM, ExxonMobil, Kraft Heinz, and hundreds more. I’ve delivered several TEDx talks and have created many online courses enjoyed by millions of learners at the world’s top companies and universities. I combine world-class expertise, with a professional speaker’s ability to communicate, and a highly practical approach that makes learning actionable.
Speaking of action, I always include a few useful activities to make the learning come to life. This course contains three (addressing how to accept tough feedback, how to use mistakes to drive personal growth, and how to be authentic at work). When you start to apply what we’ll talk about – that’s when learning sticks.
When you take this course I will expand your knowledge, help you feel more motivated, and make you ready to move your career forward.
Who this course is for:
- Professionals of all varieties who wish to become leaders.
- Established leaders who want to improve their effectiveness at work.
- Executives and senior leaders who need a refresher about key relationship success drivers.
Dr. Todd Dewett is one of the most popular leadership and success authors in the world. His online courses have been viewed by millions of learners in over 150 countries in seven languages. Covering many aspects of leadership, relationships, and careers, his practical courses, books, and speeches are considered go-to resources by thousands of companies. After working with Andersen Consulting and Ernst & Young, he completed his Ph.D. at Texas A&M University in Organizational Behavior and enjoyed ten years as an award-winning management professor. He’s delivered over 1,000 speeches around the world, including five TEDx talks, and his clients include Microsoft, IBM, GE, Pepsi, ExxonMobil, and hundreds more.