Short story masterclass: learn from a prizewinning author!
- A good command of English, or the language students wish to write in
- Access to word processing software or stationery. You can use googledocs or Open Office for word processing for free
Want to write great short stories? Want to improve your creative writing and get feedback from a prize winning author? Then this course is for you.
Working through the life cycle of a story from idea to publication, you'll learn everything you need to know to be a successful short story writer. Find ideas, get playful, learn about drafting, structure and polishing your work, and how to publish yourself too. The course continues with extra help once your story is out there. Learn how to publicize your work, as well as dealing with feedback and reviews with a smile on your face.
Led by Authors' Club and Betty Trask Award winning author Nicola Monaghan (aka best selling thriller writer Niki Valentine), this course contains over two and a half hours of video lectures on creative writing, as well as plenty of additional material in the form of resource sheets and proformas. There are regular exercises throughout, and you'll get the chance to post examples of your writing and get feedback. There's also a bonus free ebook 'The Night Lingers and other stories' by Nicola Monaghan, available to download towards the end of the lectures, as a thank you for choosing this course.
Enrol on this course now, and start flexing your creative writing muscles and writing great stories!
Who this course is for:
- Beginners who wish to learn more about writing short stories
- Writers of other forms (novels, scripts etc) who would like to sharpen up their short story writing
- 02:31Introductory lecture: all about the course and me
- 00:34Some downloads and freebies
- 03:50How to get the most out of the course
I'm a prize winning novelist as Nicola Monaghan, and also write best selling thrillers as Niki Valentine. I've published novels, novellas, short stories, articles in magazines and national newspapers and pieces for broadcast on BBC radio. I've also written and produced short films and am working on my first feature.