Short story masterclass: learn from a prizewinning author!
What you'll learn
- Generate and develop ideas for short stories
- Draft short stories
- Edit and polish written prose
- Learn a little about getting published, or publishing your own work
- Learn about publicizing your work when it's out there
- A good command of English, or the language students wish to write in
- Access to word processing software or stationery. You can use googledocs or Open Office for word processing for free
Want to write great short stories? Want to improve your creative writing and get feedback from a prize winning author? Then this course is for you.
Working through the life cycle of a story from idea to publication, you'll learn everything you need to know to be a successful short story writer. Find ideas, get playful, learn about drafting, creative writing techniques and how to structure and polish your work, and even how to publish yourself too. The course continues with extra help once your story is out there. Learn how to publicize your work, as well as dealing with feedback and reviews with a smile on your face.
Led by Authors' Club and Betty Trask Award winning author Nicola Monaghan (aka best selling thriller writer Niki Valentine) and recently updated, this course includes:
Nearly two and half hours of video lectures on creative writing
Downloadable creative writing resources and handouts
Regular creative writing exercises and assignments that build on one another, with the chance to post your writing and get feedback
Guidance on how to write great dialogue, and on story structure
Advice about getting published, or publishing yourself, as well as what to do once your work is out there
So enrol now and start learning how to write better short stories today!
Who this course is for:
- Beginners who wish to learn more about writing short stories
- Writers of other forms (novels, scripts etc) who would like to sharpen up their short story writing
I'm a prize winning novelist as Nicola Monaghan, and also write best selling thrillers as Niki Valentine. I've published novels, novellas, short stories, articles in magazines and national newspapers and pieces for broadcast on BBC radio. I've also written and produced short films and am working on my first feature. I've taught creative writing at degree and masters' level for over a decade, and also run a creative writing channel on YouTube; The Write Channel